An inexpensive, lockable box big enough, at least, to hold 5 blister packs needed.

Muttimuggle

Dec 28, 2021
I got a big metal box from Amazon for mum’s meds and can’t remember the name of it, but it locks and was reasonably priced. It might have been described as Deed Box (?). I’m making dinner, but will try to find it and post here. It’s quite large.

edit: i was wrong, it’s a petty cash box! plenty big enough, you just remove the plastic tray inside (tray just drops in and out, not attached at all). Don’t think I can Provide a link but put the following into Amazon search:

iGadgitz Home U7171 Petty Cash Box with Keys and Coin Tray, Petty Cash Tin, Money Tin -Black -12" (30cm)
Thanks DreamsAreReal. Think I may have found this having followed you 30cm measurement description. Think it is £17.99 - for the blue one anyway. This looks to be the best thing so far! You may have found the best thing for me here! Thank you. It is such a useful site, this is. I am so grateful for the joint effort of help I have had. So I am just going to do a little check now to see that the extra width beyond the blister pack measurement will be big enough to add an extra separate box of tablets and a tube or 2 of cream. Do you know if the internal measurement is similar to the external measurement or not?
The address of the site on Amazon is below- I am not so good at copying links either- this one does seem rather long- but I checked and it does work...and bring up the box! Is this like yours?

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
Thanks DreamsAreReal. Think I may have found this having followed you 30cm measurement description. Think it is £17.99 - for the blue one anyway. This looks to be the best thing so far! You may have found the best thing for me here! Thank you. It is such a useful site, this is. I am so grateful for the joint effort of help I have had. So I am just going to do a little check now to see that the extra width beyond the blister pack measurement will be big enough to add an extra separate box of tablets and a tube or 2 of cream. Do you know if the internal measurement is similar to the external measurement or not?
The address of the site on Amazon is below- I am not so good at copying links either- this one does seem rather long- but I checked and it does work...and bring up the box! Is this like yours?

My one was £13.99. I’ll try to get a link for you. The inside measurement of ours is very similar to the outside, it’s not a very thick metal. Plenty strong enough though.

edit: for some reason I can’t find how to get a link, but putting iGadgitz 12” cash box into Amazon’s search brings it up for me. It’s 13.99. Delivery is free with Prime. Let me know if you find it. Or I’ll buy you one and you can paypal me the money ? NB you must spell igadgitz this way, or it doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Muttimuggle

Dec 28, 2021
My one was £13.99. I’ll try to get a link for you. The inside measurement of ours is very similar to the outside, it’s not a very thick metal. Plenty strong enough though.
Well that sounds even better! I just copied the title of the box which I found which was Burgen something or other and that translated into that link. I'd appreciate it if you were able to find it. I keep thinking - I don't know how much longer this will go on with the box anyway- as things are changing all the time. I have to keep thinking on my feet. The latest thing was mother complaining about pain at the top of her leg- which the doctor said was most likely originating from the hips. But her pain complaint continued and intensified. She stated saying she was using a small step ladder to get into the bath in order to get a shower because she couldn't get her leg over the bath!!! So yesterday I was arranging for getting her bath removed and a walk in shower put in. She is keeping me on my toes- despite the carers coming in.

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015

edit: for some reason I can’t find how to get a link, but putting iGadgitz 12” cash box into Amazon’s search brings it up for me. It’s 13.99. Delivery is free with Prime. Let me know if you find it. Or I’ll buy you one and you can paypal me the money ?
@Muttimuggle This is the one! Thank you @nitram

Muttimuggle

Dec 28, 2021

edit: for some reason I can’t find how to get a link, but putting iGadgitz 12” cash box into Amazon’s search brings it up for me. It’s 13.99. Delivery is free with Prime. Let me know if you find it. Or I’ll buy you one and you can paypal me the money ? NB you must spell igadgitz this way, or it doesn’t work.
Oh I think I have found it DreamsAreReal. I recognise the title

iGadgitz Home U7171 Petty Cash Box with Keys and Coin Tray, Petty Cash Tin, Money Tin -Black -12" (30cm)​

It is £12.99. That will do as long as I can get those 5 blister packs, one on top of the other inside...I think I will be able to.... it will be good. Thanks again. Will go and do some good measuring and then purchase that.

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
. She stated saying she was using a small step ladder to get into the bath in order to get a shower because she couldn't get her leg over the bath!!! So yesterday I was arranging for getting her bath removed and a walk in shower put in. She is keeping me on my toes- despite the carers coming in.
Your mum sounds like she’s at a similar stage to mine. I’ve wanted her to get a walk in shower for ages but she says it’s too expensive. Do you mind me asking how much it costs, roughly (by PM if you prefer). She’s soon to get a visit from a health assistant who’s going to wash her - she’ll absolutely hate it but I just can’t get her to wash!

I hope the box fits your five trays! I think it’s 3.5 inches.

Muttimuggle

Dec 28, 2021
Your mum sounds like she’s at a similar stage to mine. I’ve wanted her to get a walk in shower for ages but she says it’s too expensive. Do you mind me asking how much it costs, roughly (by PM if you prefer). She’s soon to get a visit from a health assistant who’s going to wash her - she’ll absolutely hate it but I just can’t get her to wash!

I hope the box fits your five trays! I think it’s 3.5 inches.
Hi. DreamsAreReal. Yes I will update you as soon as we get the quote which is going to be "within the next two weeks". Meanwhile I am sort off turning a blind eye to my mother who is doing this thing with the small step ladder. I had to make this decision because she doesn't like to pay out, isn't eligible for social services funding(yet), the care agency I have been using will only do morning bathing/showering calls for 1 hour. My mother only needs the 30 minutes really at the moment and she would hate this further intrusion. Actually, I was thinking it would be a really big and invasive job to do this thing- taking out the bath which is enamel ( maybe 50 years old!) and putting in a walk in shower. However I phoned our boiler man thinking he would know someone who could do it and he has said he can do it and has done it several times before. I thought all the wall tiles would have to be added to and/ or taken off ....but it apparently it all just gets covered with a sort of paneling over the whole bath area and behind the shower cubicle.He said it might take about 3 days and that it was quite straightforward. We have to go with it no matter what the price really because we worked out that a daily bathing/shower visit would quite soon cost more than the probable price of the shower. My Mum has actually stopped going on so much about the pain in the top of her leg since we suggested the shower....and up until about a few weeks ago she wouldn't have entertained changing anything! I never know the minute with her. She is a moving target. I will PM you when we get the quote. I am makig a note in my diary to do so now.

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
Thank you @Muttimuggle I didn’t know that about the panelling, good to know. I’m now dithering about it because I think mum might prefer a bath to a shower, but I’m still open to any option that might work! Best of luck! x