An Anxious Time July 2015

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Well it’s only one day left until the close of Ramadan and then on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday it’s the ‘Idul Fitri’ or (EID) celebrations to mark the end of the Holy Month of fasting.

It’s a time when people go visiting neighbors, friends and family to wish them a happy Eid and to say sorry if they have upset you during the past year but it’s also a time of great enjoyment and excitement for the children. “But for me” it’s a time of immense anxiety and panic when all of a sudden at about 8am people and children start to arrive at your house and at any given time during the course of the day we can have as many as 20-30 people in the house at one time and then the house becomes a cacophony of noise with people all trying to talk at the same time and noisy children excitedly waiting to receive their traditional Eid envelope gift which contains a small amount of cash inside, it’s at times like this when my head starts to reel from all the noise, panic sets in and I can feel the walls closing in around me, I become extremely agitated and lose my sense of equilibrium, yet I must still be present to greet all the guests at this just once a year special celebration.

Then during the course of the day Sumi and I will also go visiting neighbors and friends but Sumi now limits it for me to just those who live close by so that I don’t get to exhausted, also this year Sumi said as I’ve already started to become anxious and panicking she is going to give me a panic tablet on the Thursday evening so that by Friday morning I should be as calm as a mouse and ready for the rush of guests...

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Sorry forgot to add the photo!!:rolleyes:
1 Barry Eid 2015.jpg

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
What a lovely photo. Barry, I hope you don't become too stressed; is there a room where you can go on your own if it all becomes too much for you?

Love

Lyn T X

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
A superb photo of you both! Wishing you:

Happy Eid Mubarak​
:)

I do hope Sumi manages to keep things calm for you and that you can enjoy the next few days.

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Lovely photo Barry. I hope the celebrations are not too much for you.
I'm sure everyone will understand if you creep away for some peace and quiet. x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Eid Mubarak to you and Sumi. I hope things are not too stressful for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 479