Amisulpride turnaround

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
I dont know if its the above drug or my mum herself but after a few weeks of absolute hell my mum went into hospital for 2 weeks. When she came out she had been prescribed the above medicine, and the change in her is amazing. She is now calm, remembers more short term things better, her mood is good was really poor before and she is now doing things around the house like washing up and making her own breakfast.

She is also as "bright as a button" one of her carers said compared to what they had read about her when she was in hospital.

Could these pills really be having such a dramatic effect?

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I dont know if its the above drug or my mum herself but after a few weeks of absolute hell my mum went into hospital for 2 weeks. When she came out she had been prescribed the above medicine, and the change in her is amazing. She is now calm, remembers more short term things better, her mood is good was really poor before and she is now doing things around the house like washing up and making her own breakfast.

She is also as "bright as a button" one of her carers said compared to what they had read about her when she was in hospital.

Could these pills really be having such a dramatic effect?

I don't know, but long may her new-found contentment last. Happy for you both.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Me too, I don't know about this particular medication, could it be that it has eased her anxiety and confusion so more 'normal' behaviour now comes through. and from me too, long may it last.