Amazing people

Morganlefay

May 20, 2014
Buckinghamshire
I'd just like to say how really wonderful people on here are. My OH was diagnosed 6 years ago and has been more or less fine, but is now going downhill quite fast. So I have been lurking on here, and am endlessly struck by how kind and helpful people are. They are also brave, though I don't know if 'Brave' is the right word for surviving in a situation which cannot be made better. Just living a day at a time seems to be what's required. Even though I am quiet and don't join in a lot I have found posts on here so very helpful, and I wanted to say Thank You.

Martarita

May 11, 2018
I'd just like to say how really wonderful people on here are. My OH was diagnosed 6 years ago and has been more or less fine, but is now going downhill quite fast. So I have been lurking on here, and am endlessly struck by how kind and helpful people are. They are also brave, though I don't know if 'Brave' is the right word for surviving in a situation which cannot be made better. Just living a day at a time seems to be what's required. Even though I am quiet and don't join in a lot I have found posts on here so very helpful, and I wanted to say Thank You.
Hello morganlefay my OH was diagnosed 4 years ago at first it seem to be slow and like you we took it day by day we managed well , but it is a progressive disease as I have learnt as time has passed,and yes everyone at Talking point are so kind and understanding and we're all here to support one another.so carry on posting there's always someone to support you and help if they can Take care X

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Your post is very accurate @Morganlefay.

My wife is in the early stages of her dementia but is a chronic depression and anxiety sufferer so looks to her future with great terror. ‘Stay in the present and take one day at a time’, is my constant mantra.

Try to stay strong. I wish both of you all the strength you will need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan