Am I doing something wrong?

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
I have had a friend request. Everytime I check it and SAVE go to accept, there is a breif little round icon I've never seen on any software before, nothing changes, and then it boots me out (logs me off)and I have to log in again. What I am doing wrong?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Robert - I'm going to report this because the logging off thing is bizarre. Have you ever done this before? Have you changed software/browser recently?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Robert - if you're still on line could you send me a friend request and I can see if it's doing it to me as well?

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
More Problems

Firstly I could not find you on the drop down menu list of members. Ther was about 12 other Jennifers but jenniferpa. When I entered your name manually to add as a friend this message appeared:
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.
Add a Member to Your List...

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Robert..I've just sent you a friendship request...can you try to accept and see if the same thing happens again?

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Robert,

Can you capture the exact wording of the error message?

Also, I don't know if you know how to capture a 'screen shot' but if you hit the Print Screen key (upper right on keyboard) it will copy a image of your screen. You can then go into some image software (or even Word) and paste the screen dump as a new image (Ctrl + V on a PC).

Take care,

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Still having problems

Hi Gigi and Jennifer
Still having the same error message whenever I try to accept a friend request and then it bumps me out of TP. I am folling the instructions on screen to the letter, but still no joy

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Sandy

Hi Sandy, Sorry to draw so many of you in to my problem. The exact error wording is

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.
Add a Member to Your List...

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Robert..I'll leave you in the capable hands of Jennifer and Sandy...:)It's something beyond my brief...

Please don't apologise..we all try to help if we can..hope you can get this sorted.

xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Your request came through OK and I accepted it, but then I got a strange blank bit in the middle of the screen.
Someone will get back to you all when we have worked out what's happening.

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Well, there's a funny thing, RJM.

You've just got a new friend!! And so have I.

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
A Eureka moment

Thank you everyone. I finally sorted it and I've never acquired so many new friends so quickly before. Its lovely to meet you all. You have been wonderful in helping me. Now we can all sleep easy. A big hug and tahnks again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej