1. robertjohnmills

robertjohnmills Registered User

I have had a friend request. Everytime I check it and SAVE go to accept, there is a breif little round icon I've never seen on any software before, nothing changes, and then it boots me out (logs me off)and I have to log in again. What I am doing wrong?

2. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Robert - I'm going to report this because the logging off thing is bizarre. Have you ever done this before? Have you changed software/browser recently?

3. robertjohnmills

Reply to Jeniferpa

No I have not changed my browser. Can't work out why it doesn't work. Thanks

4. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    Robert - if you're still on line could you send me a friend request and I can see if it's doing it to me as well?

5. robertjohnmills

ok

ok will do, hang on for while i work this out :D

6. robertjohnmills

More Problems

Firstly I could not find you on the drop down menu list of members. Ther was about 12 other Jennifers but jenniferpa. When I entered your name manually to add as a friend this message appeared:
    You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.
    Add a Member to Your List...

7. robertjohnmills

Friend Request sent success

Figured it out and sent you a freind request.

8. robertjohnmills

Unfortunately

Received your freind request but when tried to accept had the same error message and was booted out again!!!!

9. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Robert..I've just sent you a friendship request...can you try to accept and see if the same thing happens again?

10. julieann15

julieann15 Registered User

Jun 13, 2008
    Leicestershire
    I have had the same requests too

Love Julie xx

11. Sandy

Sandy Registered User

Mar 23, 2005
    Hi Robert,

Can you capture the exact wording of the error message?

Also, I don't know if you know how to capture a 'screen shot' but if you hit the Print Screen key (upper right on keyboard) it will copy a image of your screen. You can then go into some image software (or even Word) and paste the screen dump as a new image (Ctrl + V on a PC).

Take care,

12. robertjohnmills

Still having problems

Hi Gigi and Jennifer
    Still having the same error message whenever I try to accept a friend request and then it bumps me out of TP. I am folling the instructions on screen to the letter, but still no joy

13. robertjohnmills

Sandy

Hi Sandy, Sorry to draw so many of you in to my problem. The exact error wording is

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.
    Add a Member to Your List...

14. julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
    Leicestershire
    I have just send a "Friend Request yet again to you Robertt"

This is the second attempt I have sent to you Robert

Love Julie xxxx

15. robertjohnmills

Julieann15

Yes I have received your message but I'm afraid as with all the other requests it justs give me the erroe message and bumps me out.

16. julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
    Leicestershire
    There must be a problem then-Moderators/administrators- this is twice I have asked Robert to be my friend?
    xx

17. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Robert..I'll leave you in the capable hands of Jennifer and Sandy...:)It's something beyond my brief...

Please don't apologise..we all try to help if we can..hope you can get this sorted.

xx

18. jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
    Your request came through OK and I accepted it, but then I got a strange blank bit in the middle of the screen.
    Someone will get back to you all when we have worked out what's happening.

19. JPG1

JPG1 Account Closed

Jul 16, 2008
    Well, there's a funny thing, RJM.

You've just got a new friend!! And so have I.

20. robertjohnmills

A Eureka moment

Thank you everyone. I finally sorted it and I've never acquired so many new friends so quickly before. Its lovely to meet you all. You have been wonderful in helping me. Now we can all sleep easy. A big hug and tahnks again.