Am I becoming institutionalised by degrees??

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s so good to hear good news from you Tina. I do hope Ken can keep his room for himself.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
That's such good news, Tina. Much better for Ken, and also better for you when you visit.

Hopefully if Ken's agitation lessens, they'll let him keep the room.

Love,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Thanks for your good wishes both of you. It is nice to share somwe good news for a change. I am so pleased he has his own bedroom. Not sure if the staff will approve if I sit in it with him when I visit (wonder what they will think we are doing in there!!!) xx TinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
When John is well enough, we always spend some time in his room in the home, and I give him a cuddle. I think it does him good, he needs comfort as much as I do.

The staff can think what they like! :D

(Reminds me of when I was at uni, and living in a hall of residence for young ladies -- yes, it was called that! We could entertain gentlemen in our rooms, but only until 8 pm. ):D

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
hi tina, its an awful situation you are in i fully understand, my mam was in hospital and showed similar behaviour to ken, she went into an emi home which we were pleased with, but she did not settle and they couldn,t cope. She had to go back to hospital for five months, all your posts ring so true to me i felt i had looked after mams every need for seven years then suddenly what i felt or knew just didn,t count for a single thing. But like yourself i was always there working away for mams interests. We were told mam couldn,t go back to the home and would need to go to an esme unit, we were devastated and tried to change this decision. We imagined the worst about the unit but were very wrong i am pleased to say, the staff are super, they are better trained to deal with mam, we take her out every day. It is still very upsetting situation to deal with because we don,t want our loved ones to be away from us but if the right place is found it makes it a little bearable. What i would want to know is if they think ken cannot go to emi what other options are available because staying in hospital indefinetly can,t be an option? sometimes its all so overwhelming, thinking of you.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
(Reminds me of when I was at uni, and living in a hall of residence for young ladies -- yes, it was called that! We could entertain gentlemen in our rooms, but only until 8 pm. ):D

My goodness Hazel! Such liberation!! We were only allowed to "entertain" our young men downstairs in the living rooms (all bedrooms were upstairs) and even then ONLY if others were present!! :D

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
The warden was a very strict, morally upright maiden lady, and also a French lecturer, so I had to keep my nose clean.

But one of the wing tutors was an existentialist, and believed in free love. We always had our eyes open for visiting lecturers!

Happy days!:D