welcome to talking point
just wanted to say hello im in south wales myself but its still as chilly
hope your enjoying the chat;)
donna xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Children in wheelchairs get far more sympathy and understanding than children with behavioural problems caused by learning difficulties or mental illness.
I wonder if our dementia sufferers lose out because of the general attitude to mental illness.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Russell I don't but Northop seem to have a thriving cricket team I often see them playing when I pass. I will certainly put out the feelers at our next support meeting.

Linda

RussellGrant

Mar 27, 2007
www.russellgrant.com
Sylvia undoubtedly because for older people it means madness, for my nan in the 1950s when she suffered serious depression, electric shock treatment. You choose picture of a gorgeous guide dog or sad little child or dribbling pensioner, which two would you choose?

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
RussellGrant said:
Linda you and your members know any cricket clubs in your area? We are organising a Twenty/20, a bit of sexy cricket with lots of gorge guys and gals in whites!:D

Can I be an umpire, Russell? I like the hats they wear.

Waffagolf

Feb 11, 2004
North Wales
Conwy Branch

Hello Russell

Thanks again for attending our Protest Rally in Colwyn Bay in November last year, we really appreciated you taking the time and for speaking so passionately and in such an informed manner. You told it like it is, more people should do that. Everyone at the branch thanks you for being there. What you are doing today by giving your valuable time is fantastic. Thank You!

IAN TURNER, Vice-Chair Conwy Country Branch AS

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Russell, special thanks for today.

Will you join in our group hug?

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 350

RussellGrant

Mar 27, 2007
www.russellgrant.com
Hi Ian, I did nothing other than give my time - it is you and the branch that deserves all the plaudits, you are stars!

No my nan wasn't given elec shock for Alz - just depression but I am sure it didn't help the eventual condition she went down with 40 years later.

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Hi Russell
I fofgot about this today as im feeling low my husband is one of the young suffers and is in hospital i thought i was getting him home but they are keeping him in for weeks the CT scanner is getting updated. I came on as im needing hugs he was so not himself yesterday.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
RussellGrant said:
Connie I will join in your group hug, but do I have to wear yellow?:)

Russell, any colour, or none!

You don't know how much comfort Connie's hug has brought so many of us.

Love

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger