Alzheimer's society

Transparency

Feb 14, 2013
I have noticed that The Alzheimer's Society, only advertise their own groups, wouldn't it be a good idea, to promote ALL help available to "Carers and Cared For" for people with any type of Dementia in each area.
NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!
Good wishes
Transparency

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Transparency and welcome to Talking Point.

As far as Talking Point is concerned members are welcome to recommend products and services from any provider, provided they follow the rules of the forum on advertising (that they have no commercial link with the product/service) and that they do not name specific care homes or care providers. You can find the rules of the forum >here<

You might want to have a look at >this thread< on resources that members have found really useful.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
This does bring up a thought I had when completing the survey recently but I don't think there was anywhere to put the comment.

Would it be possible to have a forum with County threads? So people could list information relevant to that area?

Just a thought...

Celia

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
A good idea Celia. It's very hard to track down some local activities and when you do, the people running them often express frustration that they don't seem to be able to contact the number of people they could provide for.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
in my area the society works with and signposts to all organisations who can offer relevant help.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
wouldn't it be a good idea, to promote ALL help available to "Carers and Cared For" for people with any type of Dementia in each area.

I thought it might be useful to let everyone know that the Society is working on a service that will aim to do just this. :)

Dementia Connect is a comprehensive database of the services and activities that are available to people with dementia and their carers across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Dementia Connect not only contains the 2500+ Alzheimer's Society services, but also thousands more services and activities which are provided by other organisations. It is currently available to staff and volunteers through our internal systems, but work is underway to make this information publicly accessible this year, via Alzheimer's Society's website.

We hope that Dementia Connect will enable people with dementia, their carers and professionals to find and access as many local services and activities as possible, wherever they live in the country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet