Alzheimers site slow - sticking???

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Michael E, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Michael E

Michael E Registered User

Apr 14, 2005
    Male
    Ronda Spain
    A few times recently the site has been 'off' - either would not load or if in it - the refresh or new post would not load - pretty sure it is the site as when immediately I check by going to Yachting Monthly forum it opens at once,,,, Not very computer literate so could be my end but............

Michael

2. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    I too have been having problems for some days at first I thought it was my computer but it's not!! :eek:

Let's hope whatever the problem is it is soon sorted out.

Linda

3. twink

twink Registered User

Oct 28, 2005
    Cambridgeshire UK
    slow

Yes, I've had problems too Michael, it's been slow or nothing has happened at all when I've gone into it. Thought it was my computer!

Twink/Sue

4. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    #4 Lynne, Jan 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
    Me too

And I thought "it must be me" as well; relax Michael, it seems 'your end' is OK after all. :p

Perhaps Craig could tell us if there is something going on behind the scenes.

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Yes, it has been slower than usual for me too, of late.

I've been low on disk space so blamed that, but I put a new 120 gig drive in yesterday, and the speed has not changed much.

Brucie story:

in 1982, when I was first experimenting with PCs, before the IBM PC was released over here, I was evaluating a 'PC'- the DEC Rainbow - that had been donated to my Director and the computer was based on the same Intel chip as the IBM, the Intel 8088. The system had 64k of RAM and only a single 5.25" floppy drive, and I enquired about the cost of a 5 megabyte hard disk upgrade [yes, five megabytes, the most you could get then]. The cost was £2,500, just for the drive.

The 120 gigabyte drive I bought this week was £57 [about the cost of a petrol fill-up for the car], and I could have got it cheaper if I had shopped around.

Just shows what progress has been made.

6. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Brucie, what would we do without you?

However to the unititated, yes the forum has been a little slow of late, so what do we do..........don't talk to me of"megabytes, Rainbows and intels"......you should know what an ignoramus I am...........anyway, can't cope with anything at present, just hoping you can help all us 'ignoramuses'out there....................
    really wish I has your IT background. Thanks, love Connie

7. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Perhaps just too many hits on the site? If we could all just start typing a little slower, that may help.... ;)

8. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Still slow today, 30/1/06. Anyone else affected?

9. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Nada
    it was awful about an hour ago,seems to have speeded up now.
    Norman

10. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    jUST BLESS ALL OF YOU, HOW WOULD I COPE WITHOUT YOU. CONNIE

11. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    TP is running slowly again today, for me at least.

12. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Slow again tonight
    Norman.

I mean TP not me, .no I don't I mean both of us!! :eek:

13. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Everything`s very slow today. Any reason? I`m waiting at least 15 seconds for a change over but it seems like eternity.

This wait was 22 seconds

14. Áine

Áine Registered User

yup ........ not least the traffic on the A61 :(