Alzheimer's,dementia, need info.

Rose19

Aug 26, 2007
Ark.
I came across this web-site strictly by accident. I am so desperate totalk to someone that can give me insight into this condition. My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's but he has had mini-strokes & dementia for a good while now,. I saw a post from someone on this web-site that sounded just like his condition but lost this info. before I could figure out how to contact her. I am new with computers. Thanks,

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi rose19

Welcome to Talking Point.

I moved your post here so you might receive more replies.

Take a look at the Fact Sheets

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Facts_about_dementia/What_is_dementia/info_alz.htm

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Facts_about_dementia/What_is_dementia/info_vascular.htm

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Facts_about_dementia/How_dementia_progresses/info_progression.htm

and other Fact sheets at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Facts_about_dementia/factsheets.htm

Perhaps if you describe your situation, we can understand it better.

best wishes

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Rose and welcome to Talking Point.

It is not at all uncommon for someone who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease to also have mini-strokes. In fact, as you're probably aware, there is no certain way to diagnose AD so often you will find that the diagnosis changes as things happen, so that many people end up with a diagnosis of mixed dementia (that is, AD and vascular dementia).

You might like to look at some of the fact sheets that the society has ( if you go to the top left of the screen you'll find an i Facsheets.

I see you're in Arkansas: personally I am also in the US (PA) although until her recent death my mother was in the U.K. (which is where I'm from).

Well done on finding us by the way, if you're new to computers.

best wishes

Jennifer

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Rose, if you read this and are wondering how to reply, click on the blue Post reply button and type into the big box that comes up.

I am sorry if that sounds patronising, but the first time I posted, I didn't know how to reply and got my neighbour round to show me.:rolleyes:

Kathleen
xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Rose,
Welcome to TP, sorry to hear about your husband. You will get advise and support here, and, in time you'll master the computer to suit your needs.( It took me sometime) What ever your concerns, including using this forum someone will be only to happy to help you. Good Luck. Taffy.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Kathleen said:
Rose, if you read this and are wondering how to reply, click on the blue Post reply button and type into the big box that comes up.

I am sorry if that sounds patronising, but the first time I posted, I didn't know how to reply and got my neighbour round to show me.:rolleyes:

Kathleen
xx

Dear Rose,
Welcome to Talking Point. For many of us, this is a life saver! Just being able to "talk" to others who know what you are going through is a great help. Also everyone on this site is very caring and supportive (we seem to drive away the ones who are not ;) - although not intentionally!!).

Some computer help:
Like Kathleen I don't want to be patronising so if you know this stuff already, just ignore it! :)

The REPLY button is at the bottom of the screen - scroll down to the end and look on the left hand side. Then just do what Kathleen says.

To find that thread that sounded like your hubby:
Go to the top of the page. Find the first dark red (maroon?) horizontal strip - this is a 'menu'. Click on the word 'Search' and when a box comes up, type in mini strokes or TIA (the medical term for mini strokes) and you will get HEAPS of answers! You might find the thread you were looking for that way.

Wishing you the best of luck, both in caring for your hubby and in using the computer!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso