Alzheimers campaigns

Judes

Sep 21, 2005
Sunderland
Hi all,

I recently received some e-mails from the Alzheimers Society relating to several issues that effect sufferers and their families. I added my name and address to them all and sent them on to local papers and MPs.

One of the campaigns was for fully funded healthcare, a letter appeared in several of our local papers and as a result I received a letter from a lady who had looked after her aunt. Her aunt had worked all her life and bought her home. She had to move into a care home and all her savings went to pay for her care, when they had gone her home was sold and used, now she has nothing left and has to pay for her care from her pension. I wrote back to this lady and advised her to come onto this site for some advice as lots of people were very helpful to me when I came here. I also gave her the number for her local branch incase she didn't have access to the net.

I hope I helped her as I have been helped by others on this site.

Happy New Year to all.

Judes x

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Judes,

Well done! It was very thoughful of you.

I do hope you continue to post here too. I can see we could have all sorts of fun with our names!

Jude

Judes

Sep 21, 2005
Sunderland
New friends

Hi all who posted a reply to me, not sure if u all remember me or not but u posted replies to my last post when I was having to find a home for mam to go into.

All of the advice and support I was given then was invaluable to me and helped me when I needed it most - when I actually asked for it!!!

Mam is now settled in a lovely home and although it will never be what I want for her I truely believe it is a happy and safe place for her.

I looked after mam for 5 years, I have 2 daughters, a husband and a full-time job. I only gave in to mam going into 24 hour care when it became obvious to me that I could no longer meet her needs - which was a hard thing to take.

I might not come onto this site on a regular basis but I can honestly say when I did I received support and advice from people who were in a similar situation from me and that helped me a great deal.

I'd just like to wish all members a happy, healthy and safe New Year - thanks to all who helped me and I hope I can be of help to others as they were to me.

It's a shitter of a disease so let's stick together to help sufferers and carers everywhere.

Judes xxxxxxxxxx