Alzheimer websites

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Resources' started by Chris333, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Chris333

Chris333 Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Hi - does anyone know any good websites that offer a comparison of alzheimer's treatments? I found some info on www.alzheimersdiseasetreatment.com, but it's mainly for one certain treatment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hello Chris

Do you mean a comparison of the effectiveness of treatments?

I believe that is nigh on impossible since each individual case of dementia is just that - pretty individual in terms of the cocktail of measures that need to be taken.

There's a broad range of medications, practices, etc that may be considered as the armoury we have available, and the medics will naturally try to use known paths at least initially, to see if they work, easily.

Perhaps someone else will be able to suggest something useful for you! :confused:

3. Chris333

Chris333 Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Thanks to both of you - I'm no fan of doctors, but in this case I better suck it up and talk to one.

Thanks again,
    Chris