Alzheimer Europe Report - continence.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Thank you Izzy. I haven't read it in full yet but it already gives me lots of ammunition in my fight for more pull-ups!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you Izzy. I haven't read it in full yet but it already gives me lots of ammunition in my fight for more pull-ups!

That's good. I did think that it would be helpful. We have continence person coming to house on Monday!

Mannie

Mar 13, 2014
Bracknell area
I got ths report at the Alzheimer Europe Conference in October and have only got round to looking at it today. I found it an interesting read. You can download it through this link if you're interested-

http://www.alzheimer-europe.org/Publications/Alzheimer-Europe-Reports

thanks for this

it took 8 weeks to get a continence advisor for my parent with dementia, who suddenly was affected by urinary incontinence as a result of the impact of a mild chest infection. One thing i think we need is to prepare unpaid/family carers so they can prepare themselves and get some products in house . We were completely unprepared in terms of the impect, products available , especially bed protectors. Imagine if new parents were not given any info about nappies and changing best practices !!!! it would not happen to new parents so why are family carers not given the same support ????

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I agree about the best practices issues. I find this is the most stressful area of caring for me and I feel it's because I worry about my own competence in fitting the products properly.

Hex

May 24, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have suspected my mum is incontinent for a few weeks now. I have bought various products for her to use and prompted when going out. How, when she doesn't know she is incontinent do I get her to use the products on a daily basis? She thinks she just has 'little accidents'

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
Hex, my mother used menstrual type ( just to avoid the accident consequences). Then they were going bigger and bigger.