Always a fight

patbryn

Mar 22, 2019
Wales
My mum has fallen out of bed twice now so I asked the district nurse can we have bed side rails? she will climb over them the nurse said, no she wont mum is too weak! so after a little fight I won and the rail is on order. Afterwards I had a bright idea, next time I find mum almost falling out of bed i will take a photo, I did and showed it to the nurse, I see what you mean she said she does need a rail.
Wish I had thought of taking photos before but why is it a always a fight with the 'experts'

take care all

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
just realized I have posted this in the wrong section, it must be one of those days?

I have moved it to a more appropriate section @patbryn

Some people don`t like to use bed rails in case the person with dementia gets their feet trapped between the rails but `one size doesn`t fit all` and it`s best if people can be flexible.

It`s good to hear you feel your mum is safer now.

TheBearsMummy

Sep 29, 2017
East Midlands
Our PWD aged 90 was left in a bed with rails in a cubicle in the A&E dept for 2 mins but managed to climb out.
She had been admitted so poorly she could hardly walk and was having breathing difficulties. I popped out to meet my husband in the reception area and show him which cubicle we were in so literally 2 mins, I opened the curtain and she had gone. We found her in a corridor looking for the loo. When asked how she got out of the bed she said she had climbed out of course.
Please don't underestimate the determination of frail old ladies :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A