Alternative wrist strap for careline button

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Does anyone know if you can buy alternative wrist straps for panic buttons?
My mum recently got hers but the strap that came with it itches her arm so she keeps fiddling with it and moving it a bit up her arm. Also the extra bit of strap flaps about catching on her bracelet and clothes.
I think a leathery type strap with buckle like a watch strap would be better for her but don't know if you can get continuous one piece straps that will thread through back of panic button like the exsisting strap does.
Has anyone swapped the strap on their persons alarm or know if it can be done?

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Continuous watch straps are available
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwiOs9qfpKPmAhVlolwKHSw9AO0Q4dUDCAc&uact=5

Getting one with the correct width could be a problem, Timex make 20mm wide ones
https://www.watchbattery.co.uk/shop/products/WSTX-9TW4B0.shtml

You could visit a local watch repairer to see what they stock
Thank you x continuous one would be perfect. I will see if can find one small enough as its only about 8 mm. Went to timpsons for mum a strap for her watch today and looked for continuous one there but they didnt have any so will try online

prodigal-son

Feb 1, 2019
Thank you x continuous one would be perfect. I will see if can find one small enough as its only about 8 mm.

"NATO" is the magic word when searching for continuous watch straps, at least the fabric kind. But 8 mm is extremely narrow, and I doubt you'll find a watch strap to suit.

Wetsuit material – neoprene foam with a woven nylon backing – is tough, stretchy and comfortable against the skin. You'd probably want the thinnest possible (3 mm or less). You join the ends in a butt joint using a special adhesive – very strong if properly done.

Small buckles must be available because womens' dress watches use them. So commission a strap from a skilled leatherworker (plenty of people on the web making beautiful historical replicas, knife sheaths and other historical gear)? The materials cost would be low and you could end up with a lovely strap.

Take some narrow single-strand elastic in a bright colour and weave, plait or French-knit it into a strap?