• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Already had an EPA

Turner87

Dec 17, 2018
I had lots of trouble securing a power of attorney for my father back in 2018 when he became increasingly unwell with his Alzheimers. I just found out that my mother and father both attended the same solicitors I went to in 2018 back in 2007 and had two separate EPA documents drawn up and kept on file at the solicitors office.
I had no recollection myself of signing the document as it was so long ago and I know neither my father or mother really understood what it was they were getting with this EPA. Im writing this as ofc I am very annoyed that the same solicitor firm took money twice for a power of attorney without telling us he already had one from back in 2007 and that it was stored in their office!

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Bear in mind EPA only covers finance. So to cover Health and Welfare, you would also need an LPA (that assumes you did both a finance and a H&W LPA of course).