Alot on my mind!

sharpy

Feb 10, 2015
My mum who was diagnosed with lewy body dementia with parkinsons 3 yrs ago is constantly on my mind. She lives in sheltered housing with my dad who looks after majority of the time and considering he is 72 he does brilliantly. I live about 10mins away so help out whenever i can.
I went to see them both yesterday and mum seemed quite happy even though its hard to tell with my mum. She rarely talks and often has a blank expression, not even sure if she recognises me.
People have asked me before if the LBD is hereditary and if i would ever consider getting tested myself whether i have the dementia gene. That i dont know but seeing how my mum is makes me aware of my memory which isnt great and i often have dreams of me forgetting names,addresses and even finding it hard to speak.The dreams are always really vivid and i always remember them days after. Is this normal when looking after someone you love with dementia or am i just being paranoid? xxx

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
Have you ever had blood tests to make sure you have enough Vitamin D and B12 in your system? Even slight deficiencies can impact memory and thinking, as happened to me when I was just 40.