Almost Rock Bottom

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
connie said:
Just endorsing the flab, chocolate always does it for me.

Hi Connie, in my case the wine, crisps, cakes etc don't help either!

Just had the full MOT by the nurse today and I think I need trading in for a newer model! My car's 12 years old and I think it's in better shape than me, apart from the fact that it's got a bit of rust and I haven't (yet) :eek:

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi everyone
Thanks for your replies
Yesterday was a much better day...no probs at all....I think as a carer it's quite hard to switch emotions on and off...I felt very low when I got up but of course didn't show this to mum and carried on as normal
Lynne, my husband came home empty handed but my daughter had some choc to spare!!!
Amy,I'm going to take mum to GP to discuss medication ,but I will drop a note in before her appointment to forewarn the doc.
Connie I'm sorry about your problems with Lionel and I do realise I must not feel guilty about medication.....It's got to be better for mum too...these episodes really drain her.
Jeanette,you summed it up by saying your friends mum is more "serene"....thats got to be better...I hate to see mum in such a state
Joanne,Yes you're right...mum had the choice of coming to us or going into a home...either way I know this would have happened...she would have reacted to any change in this way...and believe you me I am learning to be a brilliant liar but the beauty is I don't have to remember what lies I've told because mum forgets anyway!!!
Tinker' the points you raised were really helpful....I've printed them off...they really ring true
Dom ,I really like that idea of my "real"mum standing next to me looking at this stranger ahead....she would have been horrified at the stranger's behaviour!!

As for chocolate,wine etc etc BRING IT ON!!!!!!!:) :)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Ps

Jakky....sorry....can't save the choccy....all gone!;)
Margarita...you always give good advice and you always manage to make me smile...thanks:)
Noelphobic and Connie....who cares about flab anyway???!!!
I really do feel so much more like me today....As i said in a previous post somewhere I must NEVER lose my sense of humour!!
love to all
Wendy
x:)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Pps!

Donna
Press ctrl, alt ,shift and A at same time.....ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ!!!!!
It feels SOOOOOOO good when you've done it!....See! it doesn't take much to make me happy!:)
ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ
Wendy
x

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
QUOTE WENDY/MEL
Press ctrl, alt ,shift and A at same time.....ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ!!!!!
It feels SOOOOOOO good when you've done it!....See! it doesn't take much to make me happy!
ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ

ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁHHHHHH THATS HOW YOU DO IT:D THÁÁÁNKS SO MUCH :D

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
um ... well ...... i guess we can make some allowances for our friends across the pond:D

hugs,

Áine

ps. you might all be thankful you don't have to work out how to pronounce it :cool:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Go on Áine (hey I can do it as well), I'm intrigued, how do you pronounce it. Spell it phonetically for us.
Amy

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Gosh, Debbie....that,s spooky ....I've just posted on your thread, and you've just posted here....What time is it there????

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Ámy just beat me to it.....go on let's have a go cos I haven't got a clue and where does the name originate from?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Isn't that fantastic, just looked to see who is ON Line and I think all members were on this thread. All this s... going on around us, and here we all are fascinated by ÁÁÁÁÁÁ! I think that is wonderful.
Amy

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Just had a thought, the alternative view could be what sad lives that lot lead!!
Amy

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
It just means we are easily amused:D
I was going to ask about the pronuctiation but didn't want to appear daft ....oh my gosh, I'm picking up yall's jargon!!
It is about 4:00pm here....is that 5 hours behind you?
Debbie

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
10pm here Debbie, a cool night. We've had quite a big thunderstorm here today - you'd think the kids at school had never seen rain before the way they reacted. I'm sitting watching repeats of My Familly on UK Gold, my youngest son loves it.
Love Amy