noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    I find it does have an annoying sidekick for me - it's called flab :eek:

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Just endorsing the flab, chocolate always does it for me.

3. noelphobic

noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    Hi Connie, in my case the wine, crisps, cakes etc don't help either!

Just had the full MOT by the nurse today and I think I need trading in for a newer model! My car's 12 years old and I think it's in better shape than me, apart from the fact that it's got a bit of rust and I haven't (yet) :eek:

4. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for your replies
    Yesterday was a much better day...no probs at all....I think as a carer it's quite hard to switch emotions on and off...I felt very low when I got up but of course didn't show this to mum and carried on as normal
    Lynne, my husband came home empty handed but my daughter had some choc to spare!!!
    Amy,I'm going to take mum to GP to discuss medication ,but I will drop a note in before her appointment to forewarn the doc.
    Connie I'm sorry about your problems with Lionel and I do realise I must not feel guilty about medication.....It's got to be better for mum too...these episodes really drain her.
    Jeanette,you summed it up by saying your friends mum is more "serene"....thats got to be better...I hate to see mum in such a state
    Joanne,Yes you're right...mum had the choice of coming to us or going into a home...either way I know this would have happened...she would have reacted to any change in this way...and believe you me I am learning to be a brilliant liar but the beauty is I don't have to remember what lies I've told because mum forgets anyway!!!
    Tinker' the points you raised were really helpful....I've printed them off...they really ring true
    Dom ,I really like that idea of my "real"mum standing next to me looking at this stranger ahead....she would have been horrified at the stranger's behaviour!!

As for chocolate,wine etc etc BRING IT ON!!!!!!!:) :)

5. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Ps

Jakky....sorry....can't save the choccy....all gone!;)
    Margarita...you always give good advice and you always manage to make me smile...thanks:)
    Noelphobic and Connie....who cares about flab anyway???!!!
    I really do feel so much more like me today....As i said in a previous post somewhere I must NEVER lose my sense of humour!!
    love to all
    Wendy
    x:)

6. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Pps!

Donna
    Press ctrl, alt ,shift and A at same time.....ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ!!!!!
    It feels SOOOOOOO good when you've done it!....See! it doesn't take much to make me happy!:)
    ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ
    Wendy
    x

7. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    I cheated

I copied and pasted it. :eek:

8. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    Lynne

thats not cheating, :eek: noooo.....

thats called "good initiative";)

jakky
    x

9. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    QUOTE WENDY/MEL
    Press ctrl, alt ,shift and A at same time.....ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ!!!!!
    It feels SOOOOOOO good when you've done it!....See! it doesn't take much to make me happy!
    ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ

ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁHHHHHH THATS HOW YOU DO IT:D THÁÁÁNKS SO MUCH :D

10. Áine

Áine Registered User

ánd thánk you áll so much ........ it's wonderful to see my náme spelled right :D

Áine

11. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    ány time Áine :D

12. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    computer too old, mine won't do it
    Or maybe its a US Thing? dunno
    AAAAA

nope, so sorry Aine

13. Áine

Áine Registered User

um ... well ...... i guess we can make some allowances for our friends across the pond:D

hugs,

Áine

ps. you might all be thankful you don't have to work out how to pronounce it :cool:

14. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Go on Áine (hey I can do it as well), I'm intrigued, how do you pronounce it. Spell it phonetically for us.
    Amy

15. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Gosh, Debbie....that,s spooky ....I've just posted on your thread, and you've just posted here....What time is it there????

16. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Ámy just beat me to it.....go on let's have a go cos I haven't got a clue and where does the name originate from?

17. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Isn't that fantastic, just looked to see who is ON Line and I think all members were on this thread. All this s... going on around us, and here we all are fascinated by ÁÁÁÁÁÁ! I think that is wonderful.
    Amy

18. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Just had a thought, the alternative view could be what sad lives that lot lead!!
    Amy

19. rummy

rummy Registered User

Jul 15, 2005
    Oklahoma,USA
    It just means we are easily amused:D
    I was going to ask about the pronuctiation but didn't want to appear daft ....oh my gosh, I'm picking up yall's jargon!!
    It is about 4:00pm here....is that 5 hours behind you?
    Debbie

20. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    10pm here Debbie, a cool night. We've had quite a big thunderstorm here today - you'd think the kids at school had never seen rain before the way they reacted. I'm sitting watching repeats of My Familly on UK Gold, my youngest son loves it.
    Love Amy