All went well!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello all and thanks for your vibes - obviously they helped me through :):):)

The meeting lasted 4-1/2 hrs!!!! No food just water. The two nurses were great; very professional but straight forward (not aggressive in any way). The Social Worker did not come :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The end result is they are to recommend Continuing Care to the Panel - it may take 3 weeks before I hear positively. I was forewarned that there would be regular ongoing reviews so there will be another in 3 mths time.

I feel good :):) There were several points where my newly gained knowledge helped and I felt pretty confident because of the support and advice.

I am spoiling myself with a M & S ready meal and a glass of red wine!!

Thank you all for your support - I will let you know when (and if) I receive confirmation.

Love Jan

purtycat

Feb 13, 2009
surrey
hi im glad it went well today , you desive your m&s meal i hope you enjoy it lots of love purtycatxx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hip Hip Hooray.

What happened to the social worker? Not that it sounds any great loss...

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

Jennifer! I am chuckling now over my glass - re Social Worker! She phoned nurses to say she was off sick!! I truly believe I had made her ill questioning her knowledge of the ADASS document!

When they told me of her non presence I almost clapped my hands and could not hide the delight ;);) The only sadness is I was unable make her squirm. (Wicked me :p:p:p:p).

Love Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Jan

I am so glad that you feel good about yourself. You have done well because you worked so hard to get where you needed to be. It's just a pity that you had to but then we will all know where to come if/when the need arises;) You absolutely deserve an M&S meal and the glass of wine. In fact I think I'll join you with a glass of red later on (which is a very rare occasion). I'll raise my glass to you:)

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Jan, this is unbelievably good news.

Well done you!!!!!

I hope you've got yourself an M&S pud to finish off with, you deserve every last mouthful. :D:D:D

Vonny xxx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Well done Jan:D:D:D

It all sounds very complicated to me but it's nice to know where we can come if and when the time comes - you sound like you're an expert now!!

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

Fantastic news. All those months of work, well rewarded. :)
And what a coward of a SW. If she had been worth her salt she would have made blooming sure she knew the ADASS document inside out and upside down. So much for integrity eh?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its lovely to share all this with you.

NOW the sad bit:
I was full of glee posting this, then I thought 'must put the car away before another glass :rolleyes:! Then I started the engine and the radio was playing Chopin's Nocture No 2 in E!!!! - so I collapsed and sobbed my heart out for 10 mins!!

Ok now, but I think the horror has hit me. We have achieved a Severe in Cognition, Severe in Behavioural Problems - High in others etc etc. I would have him back to normal tomorrow and stuff the refund :mad::mad:

Thanks for being there. Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
And that`s how it is Jan. Sadly there will never be any lasting pleasure, because of what it took to get you there.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
I would have him back to normal tomorrow and stuff the refund :mad::mad:

Oh Jan, of course you would, but the fact is that the assessment is a reflection of what is happening. You can't have him back to normal, but you can get what is rightfully yours.

Now I recommend another glass of red wine and if you spend the evening crying, go for it. It must have been a horribly draining experience and I'd be howling if I was you.

Vonny xxx

PS Though chickens are no substitute whatsoever, just think of that Cube. ;)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jan, so pleased for you that the day went well.

Ok now, but I think the horror has hit me. We have achieved a Severe in Cognition, Severe in Behavioural Problems - High in others etc etc. I would have him back to normal tomorrow and stuff the refund

Oh Jan, would that we could turn back the clock to normal days....but life is not like that. At least you have the satisfaction that you have done your very best for David.

I have not had a drink for some weeks now, haven't really felt like it (with my medication). Tonight I shall join you in a glass.

so I collapsed and sobbed my heart out for 10 mins

Tears are allowed sweetheart, you would not be human otherwise.
My love n'hugs.

P.s.
I was forewarned that there would be regular ongoing reviews so there will be another in 3 mths time.

That is par for the course. I was more than ready with my assessment of the situation when our time came. Sometimes I feel we could write a book about this condition.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jan, I'm not surprised you sobbed. You've been under such pressure for so long, and though this is a victory of a sort, it can never be the victory you want.

Be proud of yourself, you've done what you can for David and for yourself -- but be prepared for the let-down now the fight is over.

Sleep well, love, tomorrow you can start to think of Jan.

Love and hugs,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I second all that has been said. I don't think we realise at the time it is happening what emotional pressure we are bottling up. I'm glad you let it out tonight and I hope you are feeling a little better now.

XXtinaT

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Jan love know just how you are feeling, i was elated when Trev was awarded continuing care, then it sunk in it was because he was so ill, but at least we know they will recieve the care that they deserve and should be theirs by right, but well done you for being so strong in dealing with this, hope the M&S meal was delicious and enjoy your wine and relax goodnight love Pam

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan Smith