alcohol dementia

Bettyboop 67

Mar 20, 2019
Hi my husband has been diagnosed with koraskoff dementia and it’s and has been prescribed olanzapine tablets, but they have made his whole personality worse and it is really scaring me how much he has changed in the two weeks he’s been on then

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Bettyboop 67 and welcome to TP
I really think you need to talk to the doctor who prescribed this for proper advice, or a CPN if you have been allocated one.
Have you got health and welfare LPA? That should enable you to discuss things fully.

Bettyboop 67

Mar 20, 2019
No hun he has savings so I have to work and care for him I have. It been offered. Any help but these tablets are making him paranoid nasty and he’s fixated on his phone talking to people that don’t exist it’s really scary I just don’t know who 8m coming home too every night, I have to work mainly to give myself normality because once I get home I have to start again it’s hard and heartbreaking frustrating and I feel helpless I feel like I am always defending myself cause he is accusing me of all sorts of things

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Go back to the doctor who prescribed the pills and tell him/her about this reaction. Some people can react badly to some medication and it sounds like he would be better off with a change

Debs42

Jan 27, 2013
I agree you should go back to the doctor, but also be aware that olanzapine does take a while to have full effect, and they will start with a low dose and build it up. My husband has been taking it for about 3 years now, and it has really worked. Before that he had terrible delusions that so distressed him that he was desperate, as were all of us around him. I think its a wonder drug!

Bettyboop 67

Mar 20, 2019
I will speak again to the doctor but he is obsessed with this site on the web and insists he is talking to someone when he isn’t , he has totally blanked me and is so nasty I can not believe that this has happened so quickly it’s heartbreaking that the husband I’ve been married to for 19 years don’t even care if I’m around or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojosbakes