Alcohol amnesia

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Got his results today and all normal. I am confused. Why is he so swollen in his face and sleeping all day and not eating..
Could it be fluid retention? My dad has kidney issues and heart failure. His weight differs daily,Sometimes he looks like a hamster with swollen cheeks.

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
Could it be fluid retention? My dad has kidney issues and heart failure. His weight differs daily,Sometimes he looks like a hamster

Could it be fluid retention? My dad has kidney issues and heart failure. His weight differs daily,Sometimes he looks like a hamster with swollen cheeks.
His heart is fine apparently . He has refused blood tests since last October . Doctor is ringing him tomorrow but he just tells lies. He says he's ok and I can't force him. Is a swollen face a symptom of kidney problems ?

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
When my dad had a swollen face, it was diagnosed as lack of oxygen in the blood and quickly subsided after treatment in A&E and a couple of days in hospital.

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
I guess it could be quite a few causes but he won't know unless he asks for help
Exactly. My dad didn't ask for help either despite his underlying medical conditions. I ended up phoning his sister in tears who came over and all but threw him into the car. It is so frustrating when they are so stubborn.

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
The blood test will have shown the damage that the alcohol is doing to his liver. Probably best if you accompany him to the doctor's and be totally honest about your husband's lifestyle.

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
Morning all. Not posted for a while. We have moved now into a bungalow and busy making it safe for my hubby. Currently having a walk in shower fitted . He has settled really well sleeping downstairs and I feel calmer when I leave him for short spells. His kidneys and liver are now failing so having regular blood tests. Does anybody know what the docter will do about this ,if he can and my hubby wi l accept help?
Looking forward to being able to start swimming again when the pool opens.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Morning all. Not posted for a while. We have moved now into a bungalow and busy making it safe for my hubby. Currently having a walk in shower fitted . He has settled really well sleeping downstairs and I feel calmer when I leave him for short spells. His kidneys and liver are now failing so having regular blood tests. Does anybody know what the docter will do about this ,if he can and my hubby wi l accept help?
Looking forward to being able to start swimming again when the pool opens.
I don’t have anything useful to say on hubby.

But wanted to offer congratulations on the move and bathroom adaptations.
Often it is so depressing living with the problems you contend with , that people are not able to do much at all.
well done you!

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
I don’t have anything useful to say on hubby.

But wanted to offer congratulations on the move and bathroom adaptations.
Often it is so depressing living with the problems you contend with , that people are not able to do much at all.
well done you!
Very kind words. We tend to forget to praise ourselves when life seems hopeless. We have had to change doctors unfortunately which means I need to rebuild my rapour . The last doctor was amazing always including me as his carer. I am taking him on Monday for more bloods so hoping out new doctor now has all his records so will let me be involved so I can encourage him to accept help. My hubby is so clever so I struggle to accept he can't see what he is doing to himself .

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
So today more drama. Refused to go for blood tests. How on earth can you help someone when they won't help themselves. So angry with him.
Could you discuss with the GP if there are any medication options to be given on a one off basis before ‘interventions’.
They will most likely say ‘no’ !
But worth an ask!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knola28