alarmed!!!

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
I wonder if anyone can help me. Ron and I have separate bedrooms and I sometimes don't hear him if he gets up in the night. What I need is some kind of alarm to let me know when his bedroom door opens[I don't close it completely]
I've been searching the internet in vain and can only find commercial ones. I've even considered hanging a windchime on the inside. It would probably be the cheapest option.
Anybody there who has solved the problem???? Help please.

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Mocha,

A social worker recently spoke to my Dad about this and I'm sure he mentioned that social work could put some kind of beam across the door so that if my Mum came out the room he would know about it. Maybe speak to social work about this.

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Thanks, Taylorcat, funnily enough I had decided to ring Social Worker tomorrow. We have had a house alarm fitted for the first time this weekend and I am worried he will set it off. I paid extra for a pet friendly one but not a husband friendly.Mocha

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
hi
We have a mat that you place under the rug near your bed and when you step on it an alarm goes off. It was from SS and was one of the most useful things I had.

patriciacolliso

Nov 23, 2005
london
alarms

hello mocha, what about getting a set of baby alarms. that is what i had for my husband. they are really good . one in his bedroom and one in yours.he would not know it was there .just plugs in the electric socket. you would certainly that at night. they are very good. a set of them costs about £30 pounds. from argos and most chemists shops. hope this helps . take care.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
I like the idea of a mat.

We set up a wind chime so that the door would brush it gently when opened - impossible to silence but not a piercing/scary noise.