1. mocha

mocha Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    Lancs, England
    I wonder if anyone can help me. Ron and I have separate bedrooms and I sometimes don't hear him if he gets up in the night. What I need is some kind of alarm to let me know when his bedroom door opens[I don't close it completely]
    I've been searching the internet in vain and can only find commercial ones. I've even considered hanging a windchime on the inside. It would probably be the cheapest option.
    Anybody there who has solved the problem???? Help please.

2. taylorcat

taylorcat Registered User

Jun 18, 2006
    W.Scotland
    Mocha,

A social worker recently spoke to my Dad about this and I'm sure he mentioned that social work could put some kind of beam across the door so that if my Mum came out the room he would know about it. Maybe speak to social work about this.

3. mocha

mocha Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    Lancs, England
    Thanks, Taylorcat, funnily enough I had decided to ring Social Worker tomorrow. We have had a house alarm fitted for the first time this weekend and I am worried he will set it off. I paid extra for a pet friendly one but not a husband friendly.Mocha

4. Áine

Áine Registered User

5. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    hi
    We have a mat that you place under the rug near your bed and when you step on it an alarm goes off. It was from SS and was one of the most useful things I had.

6. patriciacolliso

patriciacolliso Registered User

Nov 23, 2005
    london
    alarms

hello mocha, what about getting a set of baby alarms. that is what i had for my husband. they are really good . one in his bedroom and one in yours.he would not know it was there .just plugs in the electric socket. you would certainly that at night. they are very good. a set of them costs about £30 pounds. from argos and most chemists shops. hope this helps . take care.

7. Kriss

Kriss Registered User

May 20, 2004
    Shropshire
    I like the idea of a mat.

We set up a wind chime so that the door would brush it gently when opened - impossible to silence but not a piercing/scary noise.