Alarm for wandering at night

chrismclean13

Jul 26, 2005
Hi -Apogies if this has been discussed before.I have just joined the group.
I am looking for info on any door/alarm system that can activate and notify a member of the family if a person (my Mum!) decides to go wandering outside during the night.I have priced a couple of systems but it seems that they are very expensive.I need a system that can be pre set i.e between 8pm and 8am.
Thanks in advance

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
The very simplest and cheapest is available at Homebase.

You get three alarms for a total of £9.99. That is, you can alarm three doors.

But you get what you pay for of course. The sound is certainly alarming [I've jumped a foot when I've forgotten I have left it on].

No niceties like timers though.

chrismclean13

Jul 26, 2005
Hi -I don't think that I explained properly.I need something that will dial a number to contact a member of the family living elsewhere,not in the same house..Like a form of community alarm where a warden is called if someone tries to go out or takes a fall.

janed

Jul 28, 2005
cornwall
possible solution to your problem

My mother often wanders at night, as she lives with me I purchased yesterday some simple door alarms, however as i was looking for these I spotted something in B&Q that I think might do what you want, it is a programmable alarm that will send a signal to the telephone to ring up to 4 numbers when smoke, burglar or other alarms go off in the house, I think this might work with the door alarms that I purchased so would do what you need, it was £79.99 I think, the door alarms i got were £4.99 for 4 from homebase (half price at present) I hope this is helpfull as wandering is so worrying

Jane

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976