1. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    There's an extract from Alan Bennett's new book - about his experiences at the beginning of his mother's dementia. I haven't been able to listen to all of it yet but is as starkly honest as the previous story (Monday):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/book_of_the_week.shtml

2. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Nov 28, 2004
    this book is now on my wish list for Christmas. thanks for highlighting it.

3. Thanks for the link to the Alan Bennett article... I've read a lot of his work and am a huge fan of his 'Talking Heads' series... some of the contents in the article I have seen him use in his monologues.

I'll have another read through it again later so I can take it all in.

Thank you once again for sharing.

:)

N.

4. Dianne

Dianne Registered User

Sep 5, 2005
    Flintshire
    Dear JC

I wish I could type a load round of applause. I am very proud to be on the same side as you as i'm sure we all are. I agree, they don't leave us...other people leave them and why should the people who have known them all their lives suddenly cross the road rather than wait a few minutes until the person with AD found the words they wanted to say.

We need to educate people, starting in schools I think so that people are more aware of this horrible disease.

Hope you're feeling OK
    Dianne
    x