Aids to prevent keys being lost

amdedona

Mar 21, 2016
My Father keeps losing keys, mostly the ones that are for the back doors that would normally stay in the lock. He does it when throwing out the rubbish and inadvertently looses them in the outdoor bins. My Mother spent hours again this morning trying to retrieve them, any help or advice on how to resolve this problem would be gratefully received.

amdedona

Mar 21, 2016
Thank you Jeany123

They are great ideas but not quite what I was looking for, with Dad's problem.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...keeps losing keys, mostly the ones that are for the back doors that would normally stay in the lock."

If the lock is a eurocylinder consider fitting a thumbscrew lock, the inner key is replaced by a thumbscrew.
1252796619579_hz_myalibaba_web5_15656.jpg

Replacing the cylinder is also a good time to get a lock that cannot be opened by >>>BUMP KEYS<<< , is resistant to drilling and cannot be >>>SNAPPED<<< , to snap you don't need a tool, a Mole wrench is sufficient.

A secure police approved lock is
http://www.lockandkey.co.uk/p/abs-anti-snap-euro-cylinder?gclid=CMOIs8-J5ssCFdMV0wodUjIF3Q
well worth the extra cash outlay.

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
If the key is never brought anywhere, a simple solution could be one I saw somewhere. A hasp attached to the door, (one of those catches that a hook fits in to, to close gates sometimes), then a stretchy keyring clipped to that with the key attached to the keyring.