Aids that ought to exist. (Perhaps they do?)

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Ever used an aid and thought 'If only it also....'? That's what this thread is all about. It may turn out that the improved version of our imagination actually exists already. Or some keen manufacturer could take up the idea!

My starter: An up and down electric bath-seat, the seat of which can be tilted slightly backwards when a person is on it (to minimise risk of slipping off) and which has an aperture in the seat (like a commode) to facilitate bottom-washing.

Over to you.....

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Ever used an aid and thought 'If only it also....'? That's what this thread is all about. It may turn out that the improved version of our imagination actually exists already. Or some keen manufacturer could take up the idea!

My starter: An up and down electric bath-seat, the seat of which can be tilted slightly backwards when a person is on it (to minimise risk of slipping off) and which has an aperture in the seat (like a commode) to facilitate bottom-washing.

Over to you.....

My sister has one with a adjustable back of the seat it goes down as far as you need it,

Similar to this,
http://www.careco.co.uk/item-s-ba01004/bellavita-bath-lift

Last edited:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
What, so you can lean back Jeany? That sounds good as long as the person using it doesn't have a tendency to slide.

I can understand why you need a seat that can tilt back Stanley, I have only ever encountered those that Jeany describes but maybe there's one out there?

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Yes you can lie back but you can also just tilt it a little bit so they are leaning slightly back

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Great topic Stanletpj .
I would have loved a commode where the pot could be removed while Mum was still still sat on it, so I could clean her whilst she was still ensconced.

We ended up with a wheeled commode that went over the loo ,never did use its pot, I also used it as a transfer chair
It could have done with easier breaks.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks lin. Just bumping it as I'm sure it could become a useful collection of ideas.

On your point, I agree it's a problem. If there are two of you helping it's sometimes possible to lean the person forward slight so that the bowl can be gently removed.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Overwhelmed that's me