Aid to help out of the bath?

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Mum tends to put dad in the bath and all has been fine. Last night he went in, leg the water out and sat there at which point mum found it really hard to get him back out?
Says she won't bother now but wondered if there was anything to help ?
Thanks

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
My mum had something similar too, Kjn :)

You keep it charged up, so then it doesn't have to be plugged in while you're using it. Was very useful for a while, then mum took against it and wouldn't use it. Main alternative is a shower.....

Good luck, hope it gets sorted :) xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Also. Just to say...helping someone out of a bath without the right equipment is very high risk for back injury x

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks .

I know Lindy, she hasn't had any prob before...ie him helping himself out, obviously the water helped. That's why I'm asking for aid advice.

Have just phoned mum and she is going to ring her girl she has seen many times, have also said to mention seat for shower as getting less confident in there too, she says thanks:D

Last edited:

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thanks .

I know Lindy, she hasn't had any prob before...ie him helping himself out, obviously the water helped. That's why I'm asking for aid advice.

Have just phoned mum and she is going to ring her girl she has seen many times, have also said to mention seat for shower as getting less confident in there too, she says thanks:D

Sorry, I knew you'd have it covered! :) xx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
It's ok, she has osteoporosis so knew it wasn't a good move helping him.
OT going out Monday for a look, with dad being unsteady would rather he used shower and aids for that, but will assess situation and dad Monday.

Thanks for input :D