Aggressive Language

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
My Dad is in the middle stages of Alzheimer’s. It’s so sad. He’s becoming quite verbally aggressive towards mum, she did nothing today to upset him yet he just turned to her and says **** off don’t touch me”... he’s obsessed with going to Australia but he can’t travel that far. He’s feeling so depressed. He’s still aware and knows he can’t do anything any more. He’s trapped in a house he just wanders around in with no real understanding of how to occupy himself. He thinks my mum stops him from doing things and blames her for everything :(. It’s getting me down too. He knows he doesn’t have a good life any more :(. Just would be lovely to hear from someone going through something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prudencecat

Dec 21, 2018
My mum is in the mid to late stages of dementia according to the psychiatrist she played up the day she saw him I thought she was more in the mid stages . Probably doesn't help but we seem to go through phases at one point she was regularly verbally aggressive to me telling me to get out, she had never liked me, not to speak to her again I stopped her doing anything and kept her prisoner etc. Totally unprovoked I don't argue with her or correct her unless she wants to do something dangerous. Luckily I don't think she knows any bad swear words or she would have used them by now **** off is about as bad as it gets. At this point she knew on some level what she saying was wrong because she would say she was sorry. This phase seems to have ended and she is much nicer but most of what she says is her delusions. It is so sad to see them like this my mum looks like a broken doll
Is your dad on any medication or maybe needs his medication reviewed.

Xeenies

May 19, 2014
My mum is in the mid to late stages of dementia according to the psychiatrist she played up the day she saw him I thought she was more in the mid stages . Probably doesn't help but we seem to go through phases at one point she was regularly verbally aggressive to me telling me to get out, she had never liked me, not to speak to her again I stopped her doing anything and kept her prisoner etc. Totally unprovoked I don't argue with her or correct her unless she wants to do something dangerous. Luckily I don't think she knows any bad swear words or she would have used them by now **** off is about as bad as it gets. At this point she knew on some level what she saying was wrong because she would say she was sorry. This phase seems to have ended and she is much nicer but most of what she says is her delusions. It is so sad to see them like this my mum looks like a broken doll
Is your dad on any medication or maybe needs his medication reviewed.
We have the crisis team coming again tomorrow and yes I think they’re going to look at his meds. He was doing weird behaviour too today, shuffling, head down, shaking fingers but it all looked so put on? He has deteriorated so much in 6 months. I wonder if he’s had mini stroke. I think dads mid stage but he has very out going personality anyhow and I think hides it :(

Prudencecat

Dec 21, 2018
My mum isn't above acting for attention she does a great shaking attack with her zimmer and has perfected fake crying.