Aggressive behaviour - but only in certain situations

Stimpfig

Oct 15, 2005
Germany/India
Hi Nat

Thanks for sharing. I agree with you. Just as we needed comfort and security when we were children, our parents need the same now, probably in double measure.

I have checked out the book on Amazon but am debating whether I should buy this one:
The Book - Alzheimer's Disease Caregiver's Home Management by Robert H Rogge. He has also produced reference manuals and videos. For more info, check out
http://www.sdkmedia.com/alzheimers/thebook.htm

Has anyone read/bought this ?

Thanks again, Nat
Sue Stimpfig

SmogTheCat

Sep 1, 2005
Italy
jc141265 said:
What you need to do at this point is stop fighting against her. Walk away from the aggression come back to her when you are ready and be all smiles and love and jokes, very relaxed, reassure her and so on, let her know that you don't hold a grudge by your actions.

We tried to go away for some minutes and leaft her alone but... when we came back she was still angry and aggressive. Last days she staied aggressive and angry with eveyone for about 2 days! :eek:

jc141265 said:
Dad used to try throwing chairs around the house. In that case we would just calmly go around and remove what was throwable and let him wear himself out (by the agression stage we could always move & think faster than him). They can't keep it up forever especially if they have noone to fight against.

Removing things is like to empty her house. She lives in a small flat with a bedroom, a living room that is also a kitchen and a small bathroom.
We've just take away big knifes and keys of the door, so she can lock doors forbidding us to come into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513