After been 'happy' enough to just stay at home, in the last few days he has started to wander. I also do not think he knows who I am exactly, although

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
Started to wander, also, I do not think he really knows who I am although he knows my name. He has just took off not long ago, I have a tracker, thinks he still works at place that closed 30 years ago and needs the keys to open up. Today has been a bad day. 7am he was stood fully dressed in the kitchen hen, a load of electrical goods ready for our daughter to get 'because she wanted them' and was just across the street. I honestly doe not knows how to deal with the confusion and/or delerium. He is just no longer here.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That sounds hard @SandyRose . Can you distract with saying he can do it later or pretend the firm has called and he has no need to go in.
The not knowing exactly who you are is difficult, but I’m sure he still thinks your important.
it is so difficult, specially at the moment when he shouldn’t be out wandering at all

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I've put a link to another relevant factsheet below.

I empathise with your position as last summer I had to deal with the aftermath of a safeguarding issue that arose when my wife was out alone for a short period. That incident changed life forever as far as my wife and I are concerned
Walking about (501)
PDF printable version

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hello @SandyRose, this is hard when wandering starts and not easy to manage as I found out with mum, who would be determined she was off on one of her adventures. Sometimes the only thing I could do was follow her until she couldn't recall what she was trying to do and bring her back home. The neighbours had become expert at it and also understanding as well. I did find that sometimes understanding the need to go and and tell love lies was useful in getting mum to change her mind and stay home, but this didn't always work. I found taking her for a quick drive round and coming back seemed to help, but as things are this may be difficult.

Wishing you much patience and perseverence, hang in there