Advisory Group NZ

plumbrite66

Apr 18, 2013
nz
Hi Just thought id share something with you folks, My wife is in early stages and has been much the same for last 2 years no real problems as yet just memory still does housework and some cooking although ive taken over most of it.Here in NZ we have great day care facilities throughout the country and early last year they started a Alzheimers Consumers Advisory Group based at Headquarters in Wellington and I joined up there are about ten of us from around the country mostly from the City areas ,so being from a small rural area I was asked to join.It has been great as its the rural areas here that seem to miss out a little as much as back up services go so we all get to say what we think and what more is required ,its a way of trying to help a little more.We meet 3 times a year along with email catch up .We realise we cant change everthing but hope we can make a little difference somewhere.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
The fact that you make a difference big or small is a credit to you and the other members.
Dementia needs someone to speak out for them and this horrible illness which not only affects them but their family as well.
Brilliant

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
How lovely to read your post and realise that at least one country is making a real effort and not just paying lip service.

Sent from my GT-N5110