• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Advise re panel deputy


Registered User
May 22, 2015
Could anybody advise please on a couple of points if a panel deputy is appointed by the Court Of Protection,

A)how do they make a decision on the safest place to put all the persons money and surely it would not be safe to put a very large sum into one account in case a bank gets into trouble bearing in mind the government only covers up to £80,000?

B) how would the person and the daughter who is the 24/7 carer get access to the persons pension and attendance allowance to pay for daily living expenses?

Thank you


Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I dont really know the answer to the first question, but I am assuming that if a neutral deputy (ie neither you nor your sister) is appointed it will be someone with experience of financial matters who would know the best way to organise your mums finances.
I do know the answer to the second point as I use it myself. What you do is organise a standing order of an amount to cover personal expenses into a bank account that is accessible by the carer (ie you). I would be surprised if an experienced deputy did not do the same thing.