Advice

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wife has got UTI but won't take AB capsules advice please.

I had to get our GP to give my husband either a liquid form of AB or a little tablet which dispersed in water. I know it's Sunday and you won't be able to do it today but would it be worth asking the GP about that? The other thing we did was ask about capsules you could break open and sprinkle on yoghurt. You can't do that with all capsules though. You would need to check.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You could conceal them in yoghurt or mousse etc. If that doesn't help, ask the doctor for the liquid form. It does exist but is not prescribed often as it's more expensive.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
A pharmacist would be able to tell you whether you can break open the capsules and conceal the contents in food.

There will be some pharmacies open today, a Google search should find them, in my area Tesco and Asda pharmacies are both open you could get the information by phoning.

Last edited:

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Del, my husband has been on antibiotics for a long time on and off, he will not swallow any tablets, carer's used to break it and put it in his food, but it does had an awful taste so he would not eat it, he now has liquid form, Dr does not like prescribing it because it is expensive, if you can get it make sure you get the banana flavour as thats the only one my husband will take, the others taste awful.