Advice

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hi to you all out there, I haven't been on the site for some time lots of things happening, June had a bad chest infection but with good care it ok now, as you may recall I am on a over 70 dating site just for friendship, 2 weeks ago I met a really nice lady for a meal all went well, she lives locally, a week ago she visited her sister in London and she was going to phone me last night but no call, I have gone on the site today and there was a message from here to say she has lost my phone number and would I please phone her, now this is where would like some advice please, I fill so guilty about seeing another woman and this seems a way out for me, my family knows all about this an d say I should get on with my life, sorry this is such a long posting but once again TP is the only place I can talk to take care all of you

cobden28

Jan 31, 2012
If your family know about you going on a dating site just for friendship, and have no objections, then so long as the lady concerned knows you're on the site purely for friendship, I see nothing wrong with what you're doing.

I am assuming, of course, that you're still very much concerned with your wife's care and welfare. Is your wife still living at home with you, or is she in residential care?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Tony if the feeling guilty is so strong then it might just blight your friendship and not give you what you were wanting out of having a friendship. This will spoil it for you and your new friend.

Sometimes we think things will work out as we see them in our mind but when it comes to doing it it is very different.

You probably need just a little longer and once you feel more comfortable try again, it just might not be the right time.

Good to hear your wife has recovered from her infection and now you are a little less stressed you can get back on track.

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hi to you, thanks for your advice it seemed to answer my problem, I have just phoned up my new friend to put her off for the moment more guilt, but as you say I don't think the time is right, maybe at a later time it may be different who knows, thanks again to TPi am seeing things in a new light, take care all of you pins tony

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Adive

Hi to all of you out there, thanks for your advice I have now decided that am not going to continue with the dating site I have been on, I have just told my new friend from the site to tell here how I fill and I think she did understood, I am now going to do more things by myself going to the cinema etc, as I have known my lovely wife June for 60 years why is life so hard for us, anyway I thought I would let you all know how I am filling take care all of you on TP pins tony