advice

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
Hi its me again a pain in the rear end got anxiety again regarding my husband.Since going into the nursing home hes had three infections now hes got another one on antibiotics again in a matter of weeks this time its his knee as hes been complaining of pain in his knee. Informed tonite that his knee is very swollen and hes had the discomfort for a while as hes told me about his knee been hurting very worrying.The infections hes had in a matter of months any advice would be appreciated as i cant go and see him cause of the lockdown as i would be doing a inspection just to see what his health is like.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m sorry to read about your husband. No advice I’m afraid but I hope he gets better soon.
My gran always said things came in threes so hopefully this will be the last for a while.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The anxiety is perfectly natural @pumpkin31 and you certainly are not a pain.

It was suggested to me when my husband showed signs of deterioration in residential care that perhaps it is why the decision for residential care was made, because of the progression of his dementia.

Deterioration is physical health could be caused by whole body deterioration as a result of the dementia. It sounds as if the home is attending to your husband`s knee problems in the only way they can. They would not be prescribing anti biotics, it would need a doctor for this.

Not being able to visit and see for yourself is making life more and more difficult for you and I can only imagine how worried you are.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im afraid that increasing infections tends to happen as the dementia progresses as the body doesnt deal with infections so well. My OH has, in the past year, had a recurrent ear infection, skin infection and seven UTIs - three of them back to back.

It does sound like the care home is dealing with it. Try not to worry too much

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @pumpkin31 Sorry to hear that your husband has another infection but it sounds as though the nursing home is dealing with it. I must say that my mum has had a lot of infections and minor ailments since being in care. I think she would probably have had all those if she'd still been at home though and I doubt they would have been treated so quickly there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolly53