Advice wanted for new blog about PCA

graham doggett

Jun 13, 2008
Herts
Having lived with PCA (Posterior Cortical Atrophy) for some years now, I recently hit upon the idea of creating a blog to share and invite comments and advice about coping with the problems associated with the visual deficiencies brought about by the condition.
Being new to blogging, I have no idea as to the best way of drawing attention to this blog which can be found at

http://pcachat.blogspot.com/

If there is anyone out there who can help then your views would be most welcome. If I am slow to respond it is merely because I require assistance to use the computer. . .

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Graham

Just Hi from me I'm afraid, as I'm a complete numpty in the technical dept.:eek:

You might want to sent a PM to Brucie or CraigC, they are more up to the mark (which doesn't take much cf. with me!)

Best wishes

Last edited:

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hello Graham,
I believe this condition comes under one of the rare types of Alzheimer's that I recall from doing research years ago.
As suggested contacting Craig or Brucie would be my advice.
Best wishes
Christine

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Graham

sorry, I have no experience in this area though a future release of the forum software does permit blogs, so we'll all learn eventually!

What I would say is that Talking Point works well because it focuses members on its own very broad content, and members learn that different experiences of dementia are not necessarily that different.

Anything posted here gets wide viewing from all angles and that is its strength.

When anyone has posted about their blogs before I have never gone there as I think shared forum usage is a more effective way to communicate for all concerned.

As an occasional writer myself, I do appreciate your wish for different and more personal presentation however, and I hope it proves to work for you.

A blog is just one form of writing, albeit a flavour of the moment.

Grannie G has something akin to a blog http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/showthread.php?t=6842 and some other members have started similar threads.

This works really well and has the advantage of having a wider readership than it might have done somewhere else in Webspace.

By all means start your own thread on TP to see how that works here, if you so wish.

Good luck in any event! :)

netnurse

Jul 23, 2008
I think by advertising it here in a related forum you have made a good start. It wound be god to have a bnoard specifically for people wishing to list relative to the condition.

You may find more blogs of a similar nature that would link to your through these new blogs, creating a related blog network.