Advice re spectacles please

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
MIL 'lost' her bifocals at the day centre about a month ago. I was all for going out and getting another pair as I have the prescription for her glasses. But in the meantime we gave her a pair of my old varifocals (my eye sight is much worse than hers). She says she can see perfectly out of them :eek: I can not see any point in getting more expensive glasses for her if she really can't tell the difference. Does anyone else have experience or any advice please?

Dill

Feb 26, 2011
England
Hi 1954

Will MIL go for an eye test? When I go they always test me with my glasses on first, to see if they are still ok I suppose. Maybe you could do that with the ones you gave her and the optician could see.

I think we have a poster on here who is an optician, maybe she will see this and be able to advise you.

Dill :)

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Thank you I hope the optician will come up with some advice. Its just seems odd that she can see out of 'any' glasses. Is it the dementia??

Dill

Feb 26, 2011
England
Hi 1954
Yes, I would have said it is the dementia making your MIL think she can see properly. Dad (Az) always wore glasses since a teenager. It was only quite late on that he would forget to put them on, and not notice or seem to mind that he couldn't see properly. Even putting them on him he did not seem to realise that there was any difference.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.
Dill

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Oh Dill thank you. Its what I thought but was worried I would make her eyesight worse. She seems VERY happy with my glasses :eek::eek: