advice please

lilmissy

Nov 18, 2006
I was out with my grandfather today who is 66 or 67 when we went into a shop i walked behind him a little, we then got to the counter and he turned around as if looking for someone but did not turn in my direction, i watched him thinkin he was looking for something and he then went to the door and looked out there, i then shouted of him and he said he didnt recognise me, i then asked him a little later why he didnt recognise me and he said he wasn't sure he did look confused.
Yesterday i bumped into him whilst shopping and said hello and it took him a couple of minutes to registar who i am, he then said later he hadn't recognised me as i look so diffrent and lovely.
admittly i have lost weight but he has known me all my life and i don't look diffrent except skinner, i see him once a week for a couple of hours. He is able to do everything for himself and he is very smart and can think well but these two incidents have scared me and am worried.
He also has been treating me and spending mony like its going out of fashion on me admittly he has always done this, but not to so much extent and am really worried about this. Please help am really worried, and upset as i am really close to my grandad, he has my grandma but she hasnt mentioned anything. I carnt tell if he is any angrier as he is always short tempered and always has been

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Welcome to TP
I was wondering if you have shared your worry about your granddad with your mother ? not sure what other advice I can give you , but I am sure someone else on TP will pop in and do so

lilmissy

Nov 18, 2006
my ma and grandad don't get along, and am worried if i ask somebody they will mention it to him and he'd think i was talking behind his back.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Lilmissy, has your grandad had an eye test recently? I have visual problems and recognise people by distinctive attributes, as I don`t see faces clearly. Sometimes when people change hair colour or even hair styles, I have difficulty recognizing them.

When I developed a cataract, it was worse.

It`s just a thought, Sylvia

lilmissy

Nov 18, 2006
hiya that wat my partner suggested, My grandad is very stubborn and would not admit he need glasses even if he was as blind as a bat, when he was losing his hearing he insisted it was everyone around him mumbling, i feel a bit better now, was really panckiy and worried, i think i will keep an eye on him and if it happens again ask family members if they noticed or ask docs as were in the same surgery. Thanks if any one else has any more opions please leave them