advice please

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
thats the polite way of putting it!!apparently, they had trouble getting my metformin. i wouldnt have have any trouble leaving it. horrible tablet that it is
I think your chemist is on another planet because dad never had this trouble. Just had the plumbers looking at my shower and they will be coming to fix the washer it's very nice to have this work done and not pay for it.

MaNaAk

PS: Try to get some rest.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I think your chemist is on another planet because dad never had this trouble. Just had the plumbers looking at my shower and they will be coming to fix the washer it's very nice to have this work done and not pay for it.

MaNaAk

PS: Try to get some rest.
i think its because its a weekly script so they have to deliver once a week rather than monthly. the gp has me on weekly scripts 2 years on. i feel im being punished for being so low at the time. the doctor has to keep me safe so i have go with it. still havent delivered it.
thats the advantage of renting. theres a lot to be said for it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
success its taken me so long to get the doctor to sort themselves out and phone me and not him. theyve finally got it and she phoned me. after all that, its wasnt necessary as duplicate appt about his diabetic blood tests. he cant tolerate 4 metformins so ive had to cut it down again. shes flapping because his blood sugars are up. its a preventative measure. i have explained his on a soft diet, so certain foods are out. i did ask as he has vascular dementia and COPD, what is the point of preventing anything. obviously, i dont want him getting anything else or suffer but there is a limit to what he will tolerate diet wise. at least my point has been made. i did say that the receptionists really need more training with dementia or interpersonal skills.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
success its taken me so long to get the doctor to sort themselves out and phone me and not him. theyve finally got it and she phoned me. after all that, its wasnt necessary as duplicate appt about his diabetic blood tests. he cant tolerate 4 metformins so ive had to cut it down again. shes flapping because his blood sugars are up. its a preventative measure. i have explained his on a soft diet, so certain foods are out. i did ask as he has vascular dementia and COPD, what is the point of preventing anything. obviously, i dont want him getting anything else or suffer but there is a limit to what he will tolerate diet wise. at least my point has been made. i did say that the receptionists really need more training with dementia or interpersonal skills.
Well done!!!!!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive just had to phone the chemist up to order some tablets. been on re-dial for 20 minutes plus. gets through, orders them and ask about another prescription. it comes to something when you are on first name terms with the pharmacist. he said i didnt recognize your voice. probably because i havent moaned enough to him. my daughter did her apprenticeship in dispensing at the same chemist. im off out in a minute on my own. counting the days until he goes to see his sister on saturday. being bank holiday, its probably the worst time to travel to devon.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
ive just had to phone the chemist up to order some tablets. been on re-dial for 20 minutes plus. gets through, orders them and ask about another prescription. it comes to something when you are on first name terms with the pharmacist. he said i didnt recognize your voice. probably because i havent moaned enough to him. my daughter did her apprenticeship in dispensing at the same chemist. im off out in a minute on my own. counting the days until he goes to see his sister on saturday. being bank holiday, its probably the worst time to travel to devon.
Hang in there @jennifer1967. Try to enjoy some sunshine.

MaNaAk

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Hang in there @jennifer1967. Try to enjoy some sunshine.

MaNaAk
Sad to say, and feel a bit guilty about it, but must admit I’m really envious about your OH going to visit his sister- we recently had wee away in cottage I had chose specifically because it was close to his daughter- had all these dreams of going shopping on my own, enjoying a peaceful cup of coffee etc. None of it happened, had even less freedom than at home due to being somewhere new, and he wouldn’t spend any time at all with his daughter without me!!!! The thing is I know when I do finally have time to myself I’ll no doubt miss him like mad. Enjoy, enjoy enjoy your break to yourself.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Sad to say, and feel a bit guilty about it, but must admit I’m really envious about your OH going to visit his sister- we recently had wee away in cottage I had chose specifically because it was close to his daughter- had all these dreams of going shopping on my own, enjoying a peaceful cup of coffee etc. None of it happened, had even less freedom than at home due to being somewhere new, and he wouldn’t spend any time at all with his daughter without me!!!! The thing is I know when I do finally have time to myself I’ll no doubt miss him like mad. Enjoy, enjoy enjoy your break to yourself.
my son and grandson are taking him in the car. i cant travel and his sister whose nearly 80 cant really travel either. there is only him and his sister left after his dad, mum and brother have all died a long while ago.to be honest, he sees it like going home as he was born and raised in devon and where he wants his ashes scattered. he wont be on his own and my son is very good with him and my husband is the most relaxed in his company. i make sure everything is set up for him. he likes going in the car as well being a lorry driver most of his life. the air is better down there as her is finding it hard to breathe up here with his COPD. he is also very open that he has dementia and is not worried if he has to use a spoon rather than a fork. his bil has sky so he can watch F1 live instead of highlights.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Im sure he will have a great time @jennifer1967
I bet you cant wait
no just getting his clothes ironed to go. i dont bother but its his big sis so i thought id better make the effort to make him look presentable. she is a very nice lady and thanks me for looking after her brother. the age gap has never been a problem. i was accepted into the family and my son was as well. already thinking of the music that will be played loudly. and putting my feet up. im making sure that i have no housework to do by doing it before.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
@jennifer1967 , you do so much for your husband , I am sure that a bit of time to do what you want will help recharge the batteries. You can relax knowing he is with others who care for him. Time to breathe and smile.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResearchGal1