advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
that worked not. i had a delivery so answered the door. got my books and just about to shut and lock the door and he must have been hovering. asked for more money but ive refused to give him anything. i gave the excuse that my husband is going to devon on saturday to see his sister and we have to save the petrol for my son to take him down. its about 3 hours from here. i doubt that it will be the last time he asks. im a bit shaky but ive had enough. just shows that if i hadnt locked the door, he would have come in.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband had his blood test this morning. he can manage that on his own. he brought back a sample bottle and another appt. nothing to say what the appt is about. if its a review, i need to know and i can deal with on the phone or send one of the kids down with him. either way, hes not going to be able to answer the questions. i have already explain that to the surgery. im housebound so they will have to ring me. i give up. i swear im talking the a brick wall. even the kids dont know the effect and whether it is effective treatment. my daughter does his meds but doesnt know if they are working. dont carers have enough to do without sorting out other peoples mistakes. probably get more sense out of the wall.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope you're okay. I think you've reached the stage where you're going to have to keep saying to the neighbour that you can't lend him any money. Just tell him to borrow from his children. Hopefully he'll see that you're starting to get irritated with him just as I am. I can't believe that he would borrow from a carer or someone suffering from dementia. I think you need to put the surgery in their place but above all I want you to relax.

Hugs

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope you're okay. I think you've reached the stage where you're going to have to keep saying to the neighbour that you can't lend him any money. Just tell him to borrow from his children. Hopefully he'll see that you're starting to get irritated with him just as I am. I can't believe that he would borrow from a carer or someone suffering from dementia. I think you need to put the surgery in their place but above all I want you to relax.

Hugs

MaNaAk
thank you @MaNaAk the neighbour hasnt been near me today.
im at the end of my tether with the doctors. he has to go in for assessment on his COPD. peak flow etc. he cant answer about his meds and inhalers. he has to give them a sample as well. its compulsory apparently. im going to have to send one of the kids with him so will have to be in school time. ive cancelled the appt they gave him as it would be school run time. i have to phone next week to get appt in july. he just brought it home but didnt know why he had it. then he will need meds review which i can do over the phone.
im just on edge about everything.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband was going down to devon to visit his sister on saturday and i was looking forward to a days break. she has phoned to say she has covid so the visit has been postponed. sad that she has got it after being so careful. shes 79 and i hope she doesnt get it bad. she feels bad having to cancel
im disappointed but wouldnt let him go. ive had an awful couple of weeks and its keeps giving. i want to go to bed and stay there for the weekend but thats me being selfish. my oldest son is going to do a barbeque on saturday as its fathers day sunday. he was the one taking him down. we had 2 disasters yesterday so im hanging on by finger tips at the moment. hes been a bit ordering and demanding as well.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Oh no @jennifer1967 sorry the visit for your husband is off hopefully new plans to go can be made soon. I hope his sister recovers well. I'm anxiously awaiting call from vets regarding how my little dogs operation has gone.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh no @jennifer1967 sorry the visit for your husband is off hopefully new plans to go can be made soon. I hope his sister recovers well. I'm anxiously awaiting call from vets regarding how my little dogs operation has gone.
i was thinking about her today. hope the operation goes well and she is not in too much pain. we sare having a bbq with my oldest son saturday instead for fathers day. his sister is a lovely lady and is the family carer. i hope she gets better soon

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
i was thinking about her today. hope the operation goes well and she is not in too much pain. we sare having a bbq with my oldest son saturday instead for fathers day. his sister is a lovely lady and is the family carer. i hope she gets better soon
On the Covid front, after all our extended family managing to avoid throughout, many of us, all different ages and in different parts of the country caught it in March, this included my 94 year old mother in a Care Home, all the residents tested positive and none of them had any symptoms. If the rest of us none of us were worse than a fairly mild cold so hopefully your sister in law will be the same. Fingers crossed. Hope your husband can go visit soon and you get a break.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
On the Covid front, after all our extended family managing to avoid throughout, many of us, all different ages and in different parts of the country caught it in March, this included my 94 year old mother in a Care Home, all the residents tested positive and none of them had any symptoms. If the rest of us none of us were worse than a fairly mild cold so hopefully your sister in law will be the same. Fingers crossed. Hope your husband can go visit soon and you get a break.
thank you, she says she feels lifeless and a bad head ache mainly. shes had all her jabs including the 4th one as she is that age. they went to a party or gathering and someone else tested positive which is when she tested herself. she is going to phone when she is clear.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

Try to look forward to the barbecue and Men' Shed. I hope your sister-in-law feels better soon and that you can make plans for another day. I hope your little dogs okay @Wildflowerlady .

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk she felt so bad for cancelling but there will be another day. neither of them would have enjoyed it. im looking forward to having my day out today.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Sorry to hear this @jennifer1967 - it is just one thing after another sometimes.
I wish hospitals and surgeries understood how difficult fluctuating capacity can be. A simple prescription and review turns into a complete palaaver. I am trying to remind my father sympathetically (without getting an earful) that he needs to stop his blood thinner before he has the pacemaker put in. Of course he knows it all.....

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Sorry to hear this @jennifer1967 - it is just one thing after another sometimes.
I wish hospitals and surgeries understood how difficult fluctuating capacity can be. A simple prescription and review turns into a complete palaaver. I am trying to remind my father sympathetically (without getting an earful) that he needs to stop his blood thinner before he has the pacemaker put in. Of course he knows it all.....
dont they all!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson