advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well hes just walked in and was dancing so hes in a good mood although he will be asleep later. dancing a bit worrying as he can trip over his own feet but bit of dancing wont hurt

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive tried to contact the gp over my husbands constipation as it seems like its going to be ongoing. at 8-05am i was 27th in the queue so done an e-consult instead. i want to check if i can give him more than 1 a day and another prescription so not urgent as such. the e-consult itself is a pain and repetitive but if it get results then that will have to do.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
ive tried to contact the gp over my husbands constipation as it seems like its going to be ongoing. at 8-05am i was 27th in the queue so done an e-consult instead. i want to check if i can give him more than 1 a day and another prescription so not urgent as such. the e-consult itself is a pain and repetitive but if it get results then that will have to do.
Keep trying @jennifer1967. I also wonder if you should give him more dairy products. Try full cream milk and also I hope you're okay.

You are doing a brilliant job

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Keep trying @jennifer1967. I also wonder if you should give him more dairy products. Try full cream milk and also I hope you're okay.

You are doing a brilliant job

MaNaAk
he has lots of dairy products and eats yoghurts with fruit in them. keeping him drinking fluids. im battling with this a bit but i think its just another step down. he doesnt even feel like going.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
listening to the music this morning, i realized there was one thing i missed on mondays and thursdays when hes off to the shed, his snoring competing with the music. apparently, it makes him so relaxed that he ends up sleeping through it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I bet your husband feels better today @jennifer1967 .

MaNaAk
yes poor bloke he came down the stairs shouting hallelujah!!! i didnt give him anything last night. now im listening to music and hes snoring! not a good sound affect.
im going on insulin probably week after next when i get the prescription. got test blood before that. good job ive still got my sharps box.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope you're okay. I remember dad feeling fed up when he came from his diabetic review saying that the nurse asked him whether he would like to become type 1 diabetes.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had to ring the doctors as no response on e-consult. apparently you have to wait 48hrs for response. he had a message to book for a review and meds review. i cant go as housebound. he has no idea what meds hes on, how much and when and what for. my daughter will bring his 4 weekly meds probably tomorrow. i said you will have to phone me as even if one of the kids go with him they are not to know about his condition with exception of my daughter. so he has a phone call from gp tomorrow and hopefully they will include the review as they will be talking to me.
insulation in the loft is being inspected tomorrow for the council. as well to make sure we have the correct thickness.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
done their survey and we have no insulation in the loft. no wonder it was so cold. it has to be 300mm thick so they come and do that and put some boards up. my son has got a great job of clearing the loft. few surprises i expect.
wanted to go out but waiting for the doctor to phone so may not be able to. his constipation has eased and my daughter requested some laxido and bought it round with his month of meds yesterday. he needs a meds review.
i cooked yesterday without him looking over my shoulder. he has been slowly losing his cooking abilities.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
done their survey and we have no insulation in the loft. no wonder it was so cold. it has to be 300mm thick so they come and do that and put some boards up. my son has got a great job of clearing the loft. few surprises i expect.
wanted to go out but waiting for the doctor to phone so may not be able to. his constipation has eased and my daughter requested some laxido and bought it round with his month of meds yesterday. he needs a meds review.
i cooked yesterday without him looking over my shoulder. he has been slowly losing his cooking abilities.
just phone gp and they have no record of the e-consult even though i phone them yesterday about it. so waited for nothing. that system obviously worked. the review they will mention to the doctor. im going to go away and quietly scream and then go out for a while. its lovely weather and gets me out from the building site my neighbours have created

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
just phone gp and they have no record of the e-consult even though i phone them yesterday about it. so waited for nothing. that system obviously worked. the review they will mention to the doctor. im going to go away and quietly scream and then go out for a while. its lovely weather and gets me out from the building site my neighbours have created
Oh how irritating please let them know what you think of their service @jennifer1967!

Hugs

MaNaAk

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
@jennifer1967 - re. constipation, I was told by the doctor that if you are very constipated Laxido can take weeks to work. You can take 1 - 3 sachets a day - I mix mine with Ribena though it doesn't taste too bad - it's an orange taste. If it works too well (!) you can adjust the dose down to whatever suits you. I find I have to take it regularly probably due to the medications I am on. I was told to drink 2 litres of water a day as well (hard to manage that) and fibrous fruit and vegetables.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 - re. constipation, I was told by the doctor that if you are very constipated Laxido can take weeks to work. You can take 1 - 3 sachets a day - I mix mine with Ribena though it doesn't taste too bad - it's an orange taste. If it works too well (!) you can adjust the dose down to whatever suits you. I find I have to take it regularly probably due to the medications I am on. I was told to drink 2 litres of water a day as well (hard to manage that) and fibrous fruit and vegetables.
i put lemon squash in it then he doesnt moan. i thought that as i was thinking what @canary does as i dont want a mess. he was supposed to have a med review too but the receptionist is going to speak to the doctor about it and how they can do it with me. phone would do. they dont need to complicate it. did order my oramorph so not a total waste of time. the oramorph has sucrose in it so good for my sugar count. not sure if they do a sugarfree version.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we bought him a secondhand riser/recliner. good condition, clean no wear. it was delivered today so he now has his throne. driving me mad by removing anything i put there and trying to "help". this should keep him happy as he now has a new toy with the remote as well. glad it hasnt got an ejector button otherwise we'd all be in trouble.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I've had a problem with my medication too @jennifer1967 . It's usually delivered every 3 months - the pharmacist sends the prescription to the surgery, dispenses and delivers it to me. I hadn't kept my eye on it and I ran out of thyroxine (for underactive thyroid) yesterday.

I rang the pharmacist this morning and they said they had put in for the prescription before the Bank Holidays but the surgery hadn't sent it. They said they must be overwhelmed with prescription requests. They agreed to deliver me an emergency supply today (I think they can do this as they know I take it regularly and can issue it in advance of an actual script from the doctor's).

It is a worry when you can't get through. The pharmacy may be the best bet. I tried to ring my doctor too this morning and the queue must have been so long, I just got an engaged signal.

I hope you have luck with it today.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27