advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 - sounds like it went well. These things are always an upheaval. Our bathroom is an avocado monstrosity that isn't very accessible for me. One day I will get round to sorting it out.
thanks to the council. they modernised it about 4 years ago. before that we had a high level cistern with a pull chain. i hate mess but they were really good in cleaning up after themselves.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

The exciting work should start to take shape today!

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk theres a lot of work and im not sure how far they will get as new flooring etc has got to be laid etc. they have to put the door they left hanging back on its hinge as well. my husbands door that they have force open. ive done the newspaper run. they have all next week as well and the electrician is the last to do his job. i did sleep very well as i was worried about getting up in time.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well hes gone now until monday. it takes them so long as they seem only work half a day. they have to box in all the walls as our house is pre-cast concrete reema houses. hes put the tray of the shower in. i realised that the bathroom will be predominately white with a white toilet seat so ive got a contrasting colour one so the toilet doesnt merge with the room for my PWD. one of the electricians forced the door in too far and the door was hanging off one hinge. they havent repaired that but its dangerous. he said he will do it properly next week. they didnt give a thought about contrasting colours. they put the flooring down for the shower.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
well hes gone now until monday. it takes them so long as they seem only work half a day. they have to box in all the walls as our house is pre-cast concrete reema houses. hes put the tray of the shower in. i realised that the bathroom will be predominately white with a white toilet seat so ive got a contrasting colour one so the toilet doesnt merge with the room for my PWD. one of the electricians forced the door in too far and the door was hanging off one hinge. they havent repaired that but its dangerous. he said he will do it properly next week. they didnt give a thought about contrasting colours. they put the flooring down for the shower.
Sounds like it's coming on.

MaNaAk

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @jennifer1967 it's good to see all the work has started. I know what you mean about the early mornings as we had to get up early and be ready when our bathroom done. It'll be nice for you to have a couple of days off from all the banging about and next week the time will go quickly. I was always excited to see what had been done at the end of the day. I think a lot of workman start early but finish mid afternoon. I was glad when guy finished ours but was worth it in the end.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Oh dear @Wildflowerlady,

Has she had the vaccines because as far as I can tell if she had she shouldn't get it so bad? How is she today and how are you?

I hope she feels better soon

MaNaAk
Hi have only just seen your post @MaNaAk my daughter is starting to feel better is on day 7 now so looking like she's going to be fine. It's a relief for me as was worrying. I'm fine thank you for asking, I hope you are keeping well too

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 it's good to see all the work has started. I know what you mean about the early mornings as we had to get up early and be ready when our bathroom done. It'll be nice for you to have a couple of days off from all the banging about and next week the time will go quickly. I was always excited to see what had been done at the end of the day. I think a lot of workman start early but finish mid afternoon. I was glad when guy finished ours but was worth it in the end.
it will be worth it as my husband can go in the shower and wash his hair that he is determined to grow. at least i wont need to. it will cut my work down. they start at 8am so maybe 6 hours but they did other bits alongside doing mine. hes enjoying himself washing my hair and trying to drown me.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

it will be worth it as my husband can go in the shower and wash his hair that he is determined to grow. at least i wont need to. it will cut my work down. they start at 8am so maybe 6 hours but they did other bits alongside doing mine. hes enjoying himself washing my hair and trying to drown me.
Yes I can see why he would have fun but you can too if you do his hair. @Wildflowerlady I'm glad your daughter's feeling better in my opinion the statistics are still a bit high and one of my Piano pupils asked if I would like her to wear a mask next week and I said yes.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Yes I can see why he would have fun but you can too if you do his hair. @Wildflowerlady I'm glad your daughter's feeling better in my opinion the statistics are still a bit high and one of my Piano pupils asked if I would like her to wear a mask next week and I said yes.

MaNaAk
a lot of schools are keeping the mask rule. you must be close to the pupils to teach them. at least she was being thoughtful and respectful of you. a lot of the shops and definitely london transport is still mandatory.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I'm still wearing my mask too. I've read I'm living in an area with one if not the highest rates of Covid in England still. I'm very glad your pupil is thinking of your safety @MaNaAk my hairdresser says she is still wearing a mask too. I'm not seeing her for about a month so not sure what she'll be doing then.

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we are enjoying peace and a lay in this morning as no workmen on the weekend.
this really random, my husband has just asked what chateau translates to in spanish? why i dont know. he comes out with these random questions and expects me to answer them. why would he need to know as well?
im off out in a minute to give my brain and google a rest. what did we do before google?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
we are enjoying peace and a lay in this morning as no workmen on the weekend.
this really random, my husband has just asked what chateau translates to in spanish? why i dont know. he comes out with these random questions and expects me to answer them. why would he need to know as well?
im off out in a minute to give my brain and google a rest. what did we do before google?
Enjoy!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
You'll just have to learn to speak Spanish! I did Spanish in the sixth form and I learnt to say "he drinks the meal"!

MaNaAk

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
I too did Spanish in 6th form and we had an unfortunate although hysterical lesson where we had assumed that "gato" in Spanish was the same as "gateux" in French. I also had an argument with my oral examiner as he was adamant I couldn't possibly own a "tortuga". I had specifically learned the word for tortoise and my tutor had to intervene and tell the examiner that I was using the right word.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I too did Spanish in 6th form and we had an unfortunate although hysterical lesson where we had assumed that "gato" in Spanish was the same as "gateux" in French. I also had an argument with my oral examiner as he was adamant I couldn't possibly own a "tortuga". I had specifically learned the word for tortoise and my tutor had to intervene and tell the examiner that I was using the right word.
I struggled to stop laughing when my teacher said that he didn't think "He drinks the meal makes sense"!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
his eyes have just lit up as hes thinking of a spanish au pair to help me speak spanish. i did do a bit of french but thats not going to help.
drinking a meal, havent they heard of cereal and milk in a bottle that you just drink

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
his eyes have just lit up as hes thinking of a spanish au pair to help me speak spanish. i did do a bit of french but thats not going to help.
drinking a meal, havent they heard of cereal and milk in a bottle that you just drink
No. Also in Malay the word 'ayah' means father and the word 'ayam' means. When I was in Primary five in Malaysia we were asked to convert a sentence that read 'Ayah membawa kami ke Kuala Lumpur' (father brought us to Kuala Lumpur) to 'Kami di bawa ke Kuala Lumpur oleh ayah' (we were brought to Kuala Lumpur by father). My friend got a bit muddled and 'Kami di bawa ke Kuala Lumpur oleh ayam' (we were brought to Kuala Lumpur by a chicken)?.

MaNaAk