advice please

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Morning everyone awoke to a message from my daughter she has just tested with lateral flow and now has Covid. We were chatting yesterday and she said had felt poorly thinking a cold. I've told her to keep a close eye on how she feels each day and I'm really hoping she won't get as bad as I did.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
That is so good to hear @jennifer1967

I hope the bathroom adaptation is a success and helpful.
it will save work for me. he cant get into the bath and i shouldnt really but the shower is over the bath. they are taking the bath out and we are having a walk in shower and non slip floor. he can get into a shower. they are having a folding seat attached to the wall as well. thank you council as we are in council house

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Morning everyone awoke to a message from my daughter she has just tested with lateral flow and now has Covid. We were chatting yesterday and she said had felt poorly thinking a cold. I've told her to keep a close eye on how she feels each day and I'm really hoping she won't get as bad as I did.
morning @Wildflowerlady shes had her jabs etc? you hadnt had them had you? its surprising how younger ones can fight it off we just flu like symptoms. dont worry too much [although you will] my sil and dil had over the christmas, both double jabbed and my grandson had it last week. thinking of you

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Apologies @jennifer1967 thought I had posted on a different thread my mistake not thinking straight as worrying over other things. Yes daughter has had her jabs in fact is triple jabbed last one done before Xmas. She seems to be doing ok but has lost her taste and smell a bit. I hadn't had any jabs when I caught it as was in January 2021. Not long until work on bathroom bet you will be so pleased when its all done.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Apologies @jennifer1967 thought I had posted on a different thread my mistake not thinking straight as worrying over other things. Yes daughter has had her jabs in fact is triple jabbed last one done before Xmas. She seems to be doing ok but has lost her taste and smell a bit. I hadn't had any jabs when I caught it as was in January 2021. Not long until work on bathroom bet you will be so pleased when its all done.
it doesnt matter where you post it. im dreading the mess. im just going to have to shut the living room door so i dont see it. making endless rounds of tea as well. he going out to the shed the day they start. hes been out to get his balsa wood and glue/ glue gun. my dil has helped me change his bed and hoover upstairs. she made me a cup of tea as well. she knows my house like i do. they are really good with my husband as well. they treat him with respect and understanding.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh dear @Wildflowerlady,

Has she had the vaccines because as far as I can tell if she had she shouldn't get it so bad? How is she today and how are you?

I hope she feels better soon

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
it doesnt matter where you post it. im dreading the mess. im just going to have to shut the living room door so i dont see it. making endless rounds of tea as well. he going out to the shed the day they start. hes been out to get his balsa wood and glue/ glue gun. my dil has helped me change his bed and hoover upstairs. she made me a cup of tea as well. she knows my house like i do. they are really good with my husband as well. they treat him with respect and understanding.
Good morning @jennifer1967,

Try to relax and think about when it's finished. I hope you're feeling better today.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

Try to relax and think about when it's finished. I hope you're feeling better today.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk the pain is aching but sit down day today so should be better. i am thinking the end result and my husband is so looking forward to having a shower. he cant get in the bath so has had washes for a year or more with me washing his hair and legs. he cant get that far down. early mornings will be hard as well but its all in a good cause.

Topsy50

Feb 4, 2021
no i dont think so. it might be a chest infection as hes more breathless and coughing. hes really tired with the breathlessness. it was hard work for him to sit up while on the bed. im going to check on him now and see if i can get some sleep. he may need steroids again.
I am at the beginning of learning how Mixed Dementia is changing my Husbands life and so mine also. So far I have managed to muddle through the mine field of getting his condition recognised but it hasn't been too bad up to date. He tends to have phases of sleeping extremely heavily for 3 days at a time when he only wakes for the toilet. I take food and drink to him in bed but quite often it is left to go cold after I leave the bedroom. My GP has been very good and did say that these symptoms could be signs of an infection and so whenever they occur I can take a Urine sample to the surgery without having to request it. I keep Urine sample containers at home.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good morning @MaNaAk the pain is aching but sit down day today so should be better. i am thinking the end result and my husband is so looking forward to having a shower. he cant get in the bath so has had washes for a year or more with me washing his hair and legs. he cant get that far down. early mornings will be hard as well but its all in a good cause.
I've managed to get the shower curtain rail down!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I've managed to get the shower curtain rail down!

MaNaAk
we have an extending one and it just pulls out of the fixing on the wall. shower curtain can go in the wash as its polyester. makes good sheet for the grandkids to sit on when they are eating or doing messy play. they are giving us weighted shower curtains.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am at the beginning of learning how Mixed Dementia is changing my Husbands life and so mine also. So far I have managed to muddle through the mine field of getting his condition recognised but it hasn't been too bad up to date. He tends to have phases of sleeping extremely heavily for 3 days at a time when he only wakes for the toilet. I take food and drink to him in bed but quite often it is left to go cold after I leave the bedroom. My GP has been very good and did say that these symptoms could be signs of an infection and so whenever they occur I can take a Urine sample to the surgery without having to request it. I keep Urine sample containers at home.
my husband has had vascular dementia for almost 3 years now. he also has COPD which was what the steroids were for. he tends to forget to have his inhaler so it makes it worse. he has one in every room but still doesnt see to use it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
tomorrow is b day, bathroom day. we can still use the toilet, just got to ask the man. my husband has a sense of humour???? so im glad hes going out tomorrow to the shed/cafe in the morning. he says he doesnt want to see them leaning on a broom and not sure about giving them a cup of tea as they wont be working!!??
hes free to any home, any where for two weeks. hes going to drive the men mad with his supervisory skills lol.
on a good side, he has bought me a very lightweight hoover so i dont lug a hoover upstairs.
i had a diabetic review and my levels are still very high even though they are a touch lower than last time. looks like insulin is going to be the way to go.
it is all cleared. just early mornings to get used to.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh bless, it may be a good idea to explain your husbands illness to the person in charge . Just in case your husband does say anything odd
hes done nothing but moan this morning. jokingly, he said he will write to the whoever as it must be against the rules to get up this early!! i must admit, it did feel the middle of the night. hes off out to the shed this morning so at least i dont have to listen to his whitterings. they havent arrived yet but we did have a phone call asking if we had covid symptoms. i will tell them. is it bed time yet?

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
they have arrived and currently demolition the bathroom. the electric, water etc will be turned off so wont have internet. i have told them of his dementia just in case. hes still moaning.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well the men have gone until tomorrow. all bathroom has been gutted. they have left it tidy and clean. still have the toilet. they are renewing all of it. it wasnt as bad as i thought or built it up to be. did mention to the men that my husband has dementia so if he says something odd they know. one said i wouldnt have known. host mode in attendance. we still have a door so im ok.
he has enjoyed himself at the shed with the other men and ive had my music on. they were having a party upstairs with the radio on and hammering. im not good with men in the house on my own but they were really good. i was worried it was an ordeal but im relieved that its gone well. theyve not left a mess.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@jennifer1967 - sounds like it went well. These things are always an upheaval. Our bathroom is an avocado monstrosity that isn't very accessible for me. One day I will get round to sorting it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75