advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had a better night, no shakes and the pain was down. i had a patch that i was found to be allergic to. i couldnt cope with the withdrawal symptoms and the itching is better to suffer so ive put that on just to stop withdrawal symptoms. its beginning to itch but at least it stopped the shaking etc. my son has suffered with withdrawal of alcohol so said lesser of the 2 evils. it took the dr. until 4 pm to call. she has given me 2 morphine capsules to ive got them just in case. my son is on standby to pick the other patch up from the chemist again. my neighbour had to get the capsules last night as the chemist will only do 1 delivery a week which is my weekly tray of all my tablets. the patch put on also stopped me taking too many of the strong painkillers.
he was very good and dried the washing and cups of tea.
i never, ever want to go through that again, it was horrendous

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
theyve arrived and they are different fentanyl which @nita was talking about. they get changed every 3 days so not in contact with the skin for so long. ?they will work just the same at least and my skin likes them.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I'm glad you've found something suitable, @jennifer1967 - hope your skin continues to stay itch-free. They were the only ones that worked for my Mum - she tried others like Butrans and the pain relief wasn't so good.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

I'm very pleased for you. I hope you had a good night and can enjoy the break today.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk had a good night and my enthusiasm has return as to what i want to do. i think the breaks will be coming to an end very soon as the weather is getting too cold and dont have heaters because they are waiting to be connected to an electricity supply. he cant go any where that is going to make him cold. with his breathing, it would be more difficult

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its only when things get better that you realize how bad they were. there was no enjoyment in anything but now i can enjoy my book etc. his gone off to join the other men in the shed. have a right good gossip, put the world to rights, come home and fall asleep most of the afternoon.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Well, thank goodness!

Will you let us know how you get on with Fentanyl, please. I'm afraid I have only heard very bad things about it re. addiction etc. Seems to be a major issue in the USA.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well, thank goodness!

Will you let us know how you get on with Fentanyl, please. I'm afraid I have only heard very bad things about it re. addiction etc. Seems to be a major issue in the USA.
all the morphine patches have a potential for addiction hence my withdrawals. ive been using patches for more than a year and its the only thing that stopped the pain to a large extent. and probably the safest. they cant do anything with the problem so im stuck with them.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
You may find a different opioid (i.e. fentanyl) actually works better for you - I hope so.

But it's a horrible situation to be in. You're really stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Either constant pain and suffering or heavy duty drugs which you become dependent on. I wish there were other options for you.

Hope you get a bit of peace today.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
You may find a different opioid (i.e. fentanyl) actually works better for you - I hope so.

But it's a horrible situation to be in. You're really stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Either constant pain and suffering or heavy duty drugs which you become dependent on. I wish there were other options for you.

Hope you get a bit of peace today.
i did have a steroid injection in the base of the sciatic nerve and it didnt work so no point repeating it and an operation is not an option if the injection didnt work as its so inflamed that it wouldnt respond. i was only 53 when i got it last year so pretty young.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@Jaded'n'faded the fetanyl patches are better for pain relief. no itching and size of a postage stamp change every 3 days. they may well a bad name in america but to me they are brilliant. they are long-term, full-time and no doubt addictive but they give you freedom. you wanted a report of them and i would recommend these rather than butec patches. you even feel you wearing them.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Im so glad they are working and you didnt have to try out all 8 of the alternatives before you found one that suited. ??
i would have lost the will to live if id done that. it just takes one good gp to sort it out. its a different opoid. i have to check in the mirror that its still there and in the summer i will be able wear tops without a big plaster showing