advice please

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
good morning @MaNaAk i did wake up a few times thinking. wish there was an on/off switch in my brain. i really hope the test results are good for you today. one step at a time. im going out today.
I would like an on/off switch for the day, or just a pause button. Stop the world as my brain is weary.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
That’s good news about your bathroom and it should make life much easier @jennifer1967. I hope they sort out your ramp soon.
it will and i dont have to pay for either of it which im grateful for. i will have to stay with him but there will be a double curtain so if im needed i dont get wet but just go between them. there was going to be a half-screen so i could get to him but hes a falls risk so we dont want him to fall and bang himself so they advised not to.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

Men's Shed and new bathroom so loads to look forward to!

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk ive been awake most of the night worrying about having the bathroom done. ive had stomach ache all night as well. a new bathroom is brilliant, its just the process of workmen doing it. they will coming at 7.30 each morning. hes going to struggle with his breathing this morning as its so damp and foggy. im looking forward to the new bathroom.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good morning @MaNaAk ive been awake most of the night worrying about having the bathroom done. ive had stomach ache all night as well. a new bathroom is brilliant, its just the process of workmen doing it. they will coming at 7.30 each morning. hes going to struggle with his breathing this morning as its so damp and foggy. im looking forward to the new bathroom.
I had some sleep and will the vet soon.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im not being ungrateful about the bathroom but ive got IBS and am worried about the toilet. its more controllable now but thats why i had a sleepless night. at the moment the toilet and bathroom are separate but to make the adaptions, they have to knock the wall between them down and put on a sliding door. they are both so small that theyve had to make room that way. they are here from 7-30-4-30. i can usually hang on but sometimes i cant. its just a bit embarrassing and worrying is just going to make it worse.
im very grateful and fortunate to have this done and she put me on highest priority so could have waited many more months. once the LA OT came round to assess it, its only been 5-6 months.
hes gone to the shed and ive got peace.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
im not being ungrateful about the bathroom but ive got IBS and am worried about the toilet. its more controllable now but thats why i had a sleepless night. at the moment the toilet and bathroom are separate but to make the adaptions, they have to knock the wall between them down and put on a sliding door. they are both so small that theyve had to make room that way. they are here from 7-30-4-30. i can usually hang on but sometimes i cant. its just a bit embarrassing and worrying is just going to make it worse.
im very grateful and fortunate to have this done and she put me on highest priority so could have waited many more months. once the LA OT came round to assess it, its only been 5-6 months.
hes gone to the shed and ive got peace.
It won't be long before it's done so try to relax.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
It won't be long before it's done so try to relax.

MaNaAk
its apparently about 2 weeks because theres structural work got to be done including knocking a wall down. after theyve fitted the shower and done plumbing etc then someone else comes and lays down the floor and an electrician has to come in. i need to put a curtain up in the kitchen so i can wash in there as my kitchen faces next door kitchen window. ive got some i can drape

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
S
its apparently about 2 weeks because theres structural work got to be done including knocking a wall down. after theyve fitted the shower and done plumbing etc then someone else comes and lays down the floor and an electrician has to come in. i need to put a curtain up in the kitchen so i can wash in there as my kitchen faces next door kitchen window. ive got some i can drape
Shades of Morecambe and Wise. Don’t open the fridge door!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have had so much stress this week that i feel ill, the bathroom and IBS, the saga of the patch and causing blisters, now they havent delivered my meds including my patch which should be changed tomorrow. i am now going to be in so much pain from tomorrow and there is nothing that works any better or is strong enough. i phoned them today and they said yes we will deliver today. i have weekly scripts so ive nothing for monday morning. my pain control dictates what i can do for my husband and the effect that it has on my mental health. my mental health has been flagging over the last few months which makes the care for my husband all the more difficult as im struggling with it all.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
update, its finally arrived and i cant stop crying. i cant cope with too much more. i just feel so stressed and im trying to look after him as well and sometimes its too much to try and deal with all the issues on my own. you might think that it seems all about me but i need to be able to cope to be able to cope with PWD. if the carer gets no help then how are they expected to care for someone else.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
I know , it’s not all about you but you needed your meds….simples….
It’s such a hard job to do when you are feeling ill. We have had a kitchen refit; estimated 3 weeks now almost finished but it’s week 9! I am through the floor trying to keep mum happy. I hope the bathroom goes well …. Could the council not put a portable toilet in the back garden on the basis that a person with dementia may just go if the toilet is not available…..they do not “ hang on for a minute “

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh @jennifer1967 I'm sorry I haven't read this. You have done so well and that bathroom will be finished and you can look forward to that and to Xmas and a new granddaughter.

(((((((((((((((((((((((( Hugs)))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I know , it’s not all about you but you needed your meds….simples….
It’s such a hard job to do when you are feeling ill. We have had a kitchen refit; estimated 3 weeks now almost finished but it’s week 9! I am through the floor trying to keep mum happy. I hope the bathroom goes well …. Could the council not put a portable toilet in the back garden on the basis that a person with dementia may just go if the toilet is not available…..they do not “ hang on for a minute “
we can use the toilet, just got to ask the workmen but IBS is on another level and im so embarrassed about it. the wall of the room needs to be knocked down and new sliding doors put in. it probably worsens the situation with me being so stressed