advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im back and very tired. no cream cakes im afraid. im not good at eating in public so just had couple of sandwiches and plenty of cups of tea. sorry let the side down there.
when i did the scrutiny panel to have a more carer friendly city, labour were in power. now conservatives are in power. i said about disabled carers and also those that are older and have their own illnesses especially with older wives with husbands but for everyone. he is going to talk to the councillor that is involved with older people and see if something can be written. that this should be part of the strategy. funding is at the route as always but did say that disabled carer should get the same treatment. the former councillor for my ward was there and knows about dementia. she gave me her card with home phone number on it to contact her. the alz. soc. dementia navigator went with me. there is a need for moving and handling training is needed to save peoples backs. i highlighted about capacity and the fact that a carer might be on their knees or need respite/ break and if the person has capacity, they are entitle to say no so they have the control rather than the person whose on their knees. i dont know if anything will be acted on but ive tried my best. there were pictures taken so i will see where they are being published to. i know carers are doing them.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Sounds productive; give them a chance maybe a small step to start with and then more. Well done for making it through what must have been a very tiring day

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has just told me that when he went to the shed today, he said he felt vacant then his arms and legs felt heavy. he then fell and one of the men there caught him. he had to take a few minutes to work out what had happened then he was alright. could it be another mini-stroke? he has not fainted before

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my back and leg is so painful this morning that it was hard to get out on my scooter. i sat too long in one position so getting up off the chair back in the wheelchair that im very stiff. i was exhausted and slept very well. im glad i went but im going to have to live with the pain for a few days.
my husband was choking on rice, something he is not allowed to eat. i dont tell him any more, he knows and the sheets are all in the kitchen hanging up. he has swallowing problems. whens it bedtime!!!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has his booster appt for next friday which is really good
just had a phone call from adult services and im getting my ramp out the front door. she also said that if i ever need a sitting service, my needs will come above his even with capacity. finally i can have something without him having to agree for my benefit. miracles to happen

Elliemay3

Oct 29, 2021
im sore and hurting with my back but im ok. put my husband on memantine so he has calmed down. he has slipped a bit more which is sad. theyve just agreed to a ramp for my mobility scooter so it will be easier.
that is so sad. i am so sorry

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
finally manage to get up and make doctors appt. his iron is a bit low but not enough to be classed as anaemic. so he has to have a maintenance dose of iron. the gp was early in calling which was better. hes not happy but he will try to keep taking them. they did prescribe laxatives so he has that.