advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear Jenny,

Try and get some fresh air if possible.

MaNaAk
its tipping down at the moment. hes asleep after the shed. i will be ok, just need to sort myself out. i charged my scooter last night and he asked where am i going. he was a bit suspicious i was going out without telling him. after i had praised him for being better. i like to keep it charged just in case i need to use it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have you considered a course of anti depressants @jennifer1967 ?

I`m not usually one to consider them but you sound as if you are in a downward spiral, not surprisingly, and might benefit from some medicinal help.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Have you considered a course of anti depressants @jennifer1967 ?

I`m not usually one to consider them but you sound as if you are in a downward spiral, not surprisingly, and might benefit from some medicinal help.
im on 2 anti-depressants 150mg sertraline in the morning and 100mg amitriptyline at night. just a general dip i think and i will come back up, just take a little time

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i made the effort of going out and meeting different people at a book club so i dont feel so isolated and stop me getting so down as well as a break from himself. i thought it was about enjoying books and enjoying talking about them. someone was saying about making notes and they were talking about shakespeare and reading outside your comfort zone. i will have a go at reading this months book. i usually give it 100 pages and if after that then it goes. lifes too short and my free time is precious. it was nice to meet different people though so thats my motivation to go.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

I hope you're feeling better today. I hope your husband's blood test results are okay and enjoy the men's shed break.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk im getting there. got a message from the gp to make an appt because of the results of his blood tests so something wrong. one day he will be straight forward. needing the break, my leg and back hurt last night as i stood too long in the cafe and played me up. need to accept help next time.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good morning @MaNaAk im getting there. got a message from the gp to make an appt because of the results of his blood tests so something wrong. one day he will be straight forward. needing the break, my leg and back hurt last night as i stood too long in the cafe and played me up. need to accept help next time.
Good luck with that blood test @jennifer1967 now sit down and relax and put some music on. There was a one inch spider outside the flat and I decided to leave him in peace (@lemonbalm).

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good luck with that blood test @jennifer1967 now sit down and relax and put some music on. There was a one inch spider outside the flat and I decided to leave him in peace (@lemonbalm).

MaNaAk
i expect the spider will be happy to know that. ive got music on.just ache. my oldest son phoned and heard the music and then said this is your time and see you later. message is filtering down

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im trying not to get annoyed about the mayor tea. they have done so much as in paying for the taxi and accessing a wheelchair as well alz. soc. lady supporting and pushing me. the thing is that im trying to co-ordinate where the taxi will be dropping me as the meet up entrance is not wheelchair accessible. where the wheelchair will be in relation to the taxi as the carpark is cobbled and will really hurt my back if they push me over it as well as hard work for the person pushing me and their back. it feels like i have to do all the thinking of which is better then ask them about it. it might be just me appearing to be ungrateful and if thats the case, i do apologize. just feels like im chasing all the time. i know how bad the pain will be if i dont do this right. im regretting yesterday standing at the counter of a cafe and will learn. ive been awake a lot of the night because of the pain. i just want to know what happening and for me to feel in control and at the moment i dont think that.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Make sure you you bring to the attention of the organisers about the way the meet up entrance is not wheelchair assessable (I think thats really bad) and the problems with the cobbles (something they have probably not thought of).
You are making a point about the way that disabled carers are not catered for and this is yet one more example of the problems that disabled people have.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Make sure you you bring to the attention of the organisers about the way the meet up entrance is not wheelchair assessable (I think thats really bad) and the problems with the cobbles (something they have probably not thought of).
You are making a point about the way that disabled carers are not catered for and this is yet one more example of the problems that disabled people have.
thanks @canary. it just wound me up that the invitation states the front of the building which is not accessible so i have to go in the back way. i feel different already but did send an email and they are meeting me at front and taking me round the back to the lift. i tell the taxi not to go in the carpark. have already pointed out the cobbles. it just got to me that a "normal" person wouldnt need to think about all these things to go where i have and i shouldnt have to but leave it to the hosts. they have invited those being cared for and not all of them can be mobile. my husband is not going as he couldnt cope with different people. hes out in the morning so he will snooze the afternoon away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976